Today on the show we welcome Damien Peters! He’s the founder and Chief Product Officer of Wealth Noir and Victoriam Consulting Group. Damien is a former Facebook product manager, MIT alum, MBA, and self-proclaimed “personal finance nerd.” At Wealth Noir, Damien strives to work with you to generate wealth and presents information from the African-American perspective, teaching about the importance of financial freedom and generational wealth. Damien is also on the Board of Advisors for /dev/color, a non-profit focused on transforming black software engineers into industry leaders. He currently lives in Valencia, Spain with his wife and son, “managing all endeavors remotely while drinking plenty of sangria.”
In this episode, you’ll hear Damien talk about his time at Facebook, how he got started in investing and why the “buy and hold” approach in real estate will earn you the most cash for the future.
- Being able to afford to take a year off from work and how to save up for financial independence
- Investment properties and building your net worth
- Lifestyle creep, the appearance of wealth, and hanging onto your money long-term
- The “Silent” Millionaire
- Understanding your Net Worth
- Owning a Home vs Investing in Real Estate
- Damien’s experience during the housing crash
- Buy and Hold: Forced appreciation approach to Damien’s real estate strategy
- The importance of CREDIT
- Building wealth for the future generations of your family
Key Takeaway: The way you build wealth is by first building a financial mindset.
- Instagram: instagram.com/wealthnoir
- Website: wealthnoir.com/
- FB: facebook.com/wealthnoir
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/wealthnoir/
- Twitter: twitter.com/WealthNoir
This Week’s Sponsor
Gusto – offers modern, easy payroll benefits to small businesses across the country — they were even named best online payroll by PCMag. And as a listener, you’ll get three months free when you run your first payroll at Gusto.com/paychecks.
Our Favorite Tools
Available exclusively to our email subscribers, see why 15-minutes can change the next 15 years with our free 15 Minute Paychecks & Balances Money Plan: Your Guide to Financial Freedom.
Raise Your Credit Score!
- D.E.B.T. Free: A 4-Week Starter Kit – Get Paychecks & Balances, LLC. signature course today! Based on our popular book, Debt Free or Die Trying: How I Buried Myself in $30,000 in Debt and Dug My Way Out, this actionable 4-step program helps you create a debt free plan you’ll actually follow.
- SoFi – offers a full range of financial services, from personal loans to refinancing to investing. Marcus has used SoFi twice and has nothing but good things to say about their easy to use services. Use our referral link and get $100 when your loan is funded.
Break the Paycheck-to-Paycheck Cycle
- Digit – Struggling to save money? Sign-up for Digit at paybal.co/digit to automate your way to saving hundreds or more! Digit analyzes your spending and automatically saves the perfect amount every day. Read why Rich loves Digit and how much it’s already saved him.
- Tiller – The only spreadsheet templates powered by an automatic feed of your finances directly into Google Sheets and Excel. Easily budget, track expenses. Get started here!
- Freshly – Behind only housing (33%) and transportation (16%), food-related expenses (13%) is the largest expense category for the average household. Freshly delivers chef cooked, healthy, wallet-friendly meals that fit any budget. Use our referral link to take 2-weeks off from cooking with $20 off your first two orders.
Increase Your Income Streams
- Trade Your 9 to 5 with Investing Made Easy – Tela Holcomb, shows you How to Trade Your Way to Financial Freedom and Build a Legacy of Wealth – All Without Working 40+ Hours a Week in her course bundle. Learn how she does it here.
- Start Your Amazon Side Hustle – The result of Sandy of YesIamCheap.com nearly two decades of experience is a 5 module course that is designed to get you up and running and selling on Amazon. Modules include videos, ebooks, checklists, live video classes, templates and Periscope videos designed to help you get online and profitable, fast. I teach you how to put everything together so that you can begin earning side money from your first month in business.
- TheMarcusGarrett.com is LIVE!
- Debt Free or Die Trying Second Edition is coming this 2020!
- LIKE us on Facebook.com/PaychecksandBalances or FOLLOW us @PayBalances and Instagram.
Get Our Newsletter!
Join our free email community to get our newsletter with actionable tips and interesting reads to help you navigate your finances and career.