Sometimes you secure the bag. Sometimes you fumble it. On this episode, we talk about how to pick it back up and tumble it.
References Mentioned in this Episode:
- Personal Finance Tools
- Tiller – The only spreadsheet templates powered by an automatic feed of your finances directly into Google Sheets and Excel. Easily budget, track expenses. Free trial.
- Personal Capital – is an online financial advisor and personal wealth management company that helps you track and grow your net worth.
- Truebill – magically gives you a complete picture of your finances. From there, we can cancel unwanted subscriptions, lower your bills, and help you reach your financial goals.
- I Used Mint Wrong for Years and You Probably Are Too
- Escape from Fyre Festival Island – PB 115
- Financial Residency ft. Ryan Inman
- Let’s Talk About Money ft. Damon Young of VSB (Part 2)
This Week’s Sponsors
- The UCI Division of Continuing Education courses
taught by expert instructors with industry experience with offerings of over 60 convenient certificates and specialized studies programs on campus and online designed for the working professional who seeks career advancement and personal enrichment. Spring quarter is coming up and registration is open! To learn more, visit ce.uci.edu are
- Go to Jobscan.co and use promo code “paychecks” to get 10% off Jobscan Premium. Jobscan was created to alleviate job seeker’s frustration. Founder, James Hu, found that the powerful portals companies were using for hiring were simply parsing, ranking, and filtering resumes with an algorithm based on keywords. Jobscan was built from scratch to carefully tailor your resume for each application in order to be noticed. Jobscan Premium gives job seekers unlimited resume scans and access to exclusive tools like LinkedIn Optimization, Cover letter optimization, and resume format checks
Our Favorite Tools
- Available exclusively to our email subscribers, see why 15-minutes can change the next 15 years with our free 15 Minute Paychecks & Balances Money Plan: Your Guide to Financial Freedom.
- Sign-up for Digit today at paybal.co/digit to automate your way to saving hundreds or more!
- Digit analyzes your spending and automatically saves the perfect amount every day, so you don’t have to think about it. Read why Rich loves this tool and how much it’s already saved him here.
- We’ve tried a lot of email subscriber services. ConvertKit is, by far, the easiest and best platform we’ve used.
- Need to collect money or invoice clients? We love Square.
- Marcus joins the illustrious Average Joe Money (again) of the notorious Stacking Benjamins Podcast for a fun and entertaining panel discussion on the 5 Reasons People Never Have Enough Money (with an intro to U-Nest).
- We created a PATREON premium content page! Patreon is an extension of the weekly podcast, including conversations we have amongst ourselves or with guests after we finish the main recording. On The After Show, we get into real convos with guest after the broadcast stops to hear how they really feel about the topics we covered to share with an exclusive audience of listeners: Join #TeamPremium today!
Support Paychecks & Balances
- Want personal finance or career presentations tailored for your next seminar or conference? Contact us here!
- Visit PaychecksAndBalances.com/GBR to read Marcus “Smart Money Squad” articles at GoBankingRates.com.
- Our Debt Free page has continuously updated tools and resources and
Marcus’ Debt Free or Die Trying series is available on Amazon.com.
- LIKE us on Facebook.com/PaychecksandBalances or FOLLOW us on Twitter @PayBalances and Instagram!
Get Our Free Guide
Get our FREE 15-Minute Money Plan today! We will use this to send you emails about our products and special offers. You'll also receive actionable work and money tips and interesting reads that'll keep you professionally and financially woke.