As a lover of deep conversations and personal connections, Tracy Timm created her own company to help people find or create work that takes advantage of their own unique genius, rather than settling for a job and a life they dread. Her goal is to get you back to the basics of who you are, what you value and what you excel at. Tracy does this through the unique program she designed, which helps you determine the non-negotiable aspects of your life, by focusing on your “now”, your “nature” and your “nurture”. Your “now” is your current circumstances, your “nature” is what you’re naturally good at and your nurture, the things or skills you’ve developed over the course of your career.
Once a person clarifies these things, they can be in the driver seat and confidentially make decisions to steer themselves in the direction they want. With a little bit of guidance, you too can start taking control of your destiny and stop allowing life to happen to you. In this episode, Tracy covers her early years through her college experience and first big job on Wall Street. All these were pivotal things that motivated her to birth her own company.
- Checking all the boxes of an over achiever
- Life on Wall Street
- The self-realizations during a semester at sea
- Test driving your career assumptions in minimum viable ways
- Quarter life crisis
- The risk of quitting your current job and taking the first new opportunity that comes your way, rather than leveraging your skill set
- When you don’t have clarity you can’t confidently make decisions
- Discovering your core values
Key Takeaway: The time is now. If you’re looking for a sign that you need to make a change, the sign IS the sign. Start today and begin taking control of your career and the direction you want to take your life. Just for the P&B Family, Tracy made a summary page of her interview’s key takeaways including references at TracyTimm.com/Paychecks.
Follow Tracy Timm
- Website: tracytimm.com
- Facebook: facebook.com/thetracytimm
- Instagram: instagram.com/thetracytimm
- YouTube: Tracy Trimm
- Twitter: twitter.com/thetracytimm
- LinkedIn: linkedin.com/in/tracytimm
This Week’s Sponsor
Gusto – Gusto offers modern, easy payroll to benefits to small businesses across the country — they were even named best online payroll by PCMag. And as a listener, you’ll get three months free when you run your first payroll at Gusto.com/paychecks.
Mentioned on This Week’s Show
- The Debt Snowball vs The Debt Avalanche: Which Will Save You More Money?
- PB85: Investing in Real Estate with Afford Anything’s Paula Pant
Our Favorite Tools
Available exclusively to our email subscribers, see why 15-minutes can change the next 15 years with our free 15 Minute Paychecks & Balances Money Plan: Your Guide to Financial Freedom.
- D.E.B.T. Free: A 4-Week Starter Kit– Get Paychecks & Balances, LLC. signature course today! This is an actionable 4-step program that will allow you to walk develop a plan for debt freedom that you’ll actually follow based on the popular book, Debt Free or Die Trying: How I Buried Myself in $30,000 in Debt and Dug My Way Out and everything we’ve learned about money and personal finance since its release.
- SoFi – offers a full range of financial services, from personal loans to refinancing to investing. There’s something to help everyone get their money right. I’ve used SoFi twice and have nothing but good things to say about their easy to use and helpful services. Use our referral link and get $100 when your loan is funded.
Break the Paycheck-to-Paycheck Cycle
- Digit – Struggling to save money? Sign-up for Digit at paybal.co/digit to automate your way to saving hundreds or more! Digit analyzes your spending and automatically saves the perfect amount every day, so you don’t have to think about it. Read why Rich loves Digit and how much it’s already saved him.
- Tiller – The only spreadsheet templates powered by an automatic feed of your finances directly into Google Sheets and Excel. Easily budget, track expenses. Get started here!
Side Hustles and Passive Income Streams
- How to Start a Blog – Michelle Schroeder-Gardner is the self-made millionaire behind MakingSenseOfCents.com who credits finding her purpose and sharing her story through blog writing for her personal and financial success. With her easy-to-follow course, you can be up and running a blog in less than a day!
- Making Sense of Affiliate Marketing – Over 50-percent of Michelle’s How I Made Over $1,500,000 In 2018 revenue comes directly from successful affiliate marketing.
- Making Sense of Sponsored Posts – You can also quickly learn how she made her first blogging income, and how she now makes $10,000 – $20,000 a month with sponsored partnerships.
Grow Your Net Worth
Personal Capital – is an online financial advisor and personal wealth management company that helps you track and grow your net worth.
Entrepreneurs and Small Business Owners
- We’ve tried a lot of email subscriber services. ConvertKit is the easiest and best platform.
- Need to collect money or invoice clients? We use Square.
- Want personal finance, work and money presentations tailored to your next seminar or conference? Request us here!
- Click here to learn more about Marcus’ continually updated Debt Free or Die Trying series.
- LIKE us on Facebook.com/PaychecksandBalances or FOLLOW us on Twitter @PayBalances and Instagram!
Get Our Money Plan
Get our FREE 15-Minute Money Plan today! You'll also receive actionable work and money tips and interesting reads that'll keep you professionally and financially woke.