Tony Bradshaw, the author of The Millionaire Choice (themillionairechoice.com), is on the show today. He’s talking to the good people of Paychecks and Balances about how to break out of the cycle of poor money habits and patterns that a lot of us learned growing up. Tony grew up in a lower income neighborhood in Nashville, Tennesse. Bills were paid late, utilities were often cut off and his family bounced plenty of checks. By the time Tony hit his mid-20s he realized he was repeating his family’s cycle of financial mismanagement. Recognizing that something needed to change he set out to learn how to handle money the correct way. Since then he’s made it his life’s mission to help people and families create a better life.
Tony aspires to create a movement of financially educated and wealthy people who will make it their mission to fight poverty and help those in need across America and the world. He calls it The Millionaire’s Manifesto. In today’s episode, we discuss how you can break out of the financial patterns you’ve learned by using your free time to educate yourself about money, to begin shift needed to change your behavior.
“Anything is possible when you make the right choices.” – Tony Bradshaw
- Money goals are simply a math problem
- The benefits of working for Dave Ramsey
- Learning financial patterns from our parents
- Appreciation vs depreciation – Accelerating your debt payments
- Accruing equity in a home
- Investing in yourself during your free time
- The psychology behind breaking out of old patterns
- Your network largely determines your financial success
Key Takeaway: All of us have choices in life. We can choose to make better decisions surrounding money with a little education, effort, and patience.
This Week’s Sponsors
- CLEAR – makes your life safer, simpler, and more secure. We’re working toward a future where you are your ID, enabling you to lead an unstoppable life. With CLEAR, your eyes and fingertips get you through security faster at airports and stadiums. Get your first two months free today by visiting clearme.com/paychecks.
- Gusto – Gusto offers modern, easy payroll to benefits to small businesses across the country — they were even named best online payroll by PCMag. And as a listener, you’ll get three months free when you run your first payroll at Gusto.com/paychecks.
Mentioned on This Week’s Show
- The Debt Snowball vs The Debt Avalanche: Which Will Save You More Money?
- PB85: Investing in Real Estate with Afford Anything’s Paula Pant
Our Favorite Tools
Available exclusively to our email subscribers, see why 15-minutes can change the next 15 years with our free 15 Minute Paychecks & Balances Money Plan: Your Guide to Financial Freedom.
- D.E.B.T. Free: A 4-Week Starter Kit– Get Paychecks & Balances, LLC. signature course today! This is an actionable 4-step program that will allow you to walk develop a plan for debt freedom that you’ll actually follow based on the popular book, Debt Free or Die Trying: How I Buried Myself in $30,000 in Debt and Dug My Way Out and everything we’ve learned about money and personal finance since its release.
- SoFi – offers a full range of financial services, from personal loans to refinancing to investing. There’s something to help everyone get their money right. I’ve used SoFi twice and have nothing but good things to say about their easy to use and helpful services. Use our referral link and get $100 when your loan is funded.
Break the Paycheck-to-Paycheck Cycle
- Digit – Struggling to save money? Sign-up for Digit at paybal.co/digit to automate your way to saving hundreds or more! Digit analyzes your spending and automatically saves the perfect amount every day, so you don’t have to think about it. Read why Rich loves Digit and how much it’s already saved him.
- Tiller – The only spreadsheet templates powered by an automatic feed of your finances directly into Google Sheets and Excel. Easily budget, track expenses. Get started here!
Side Hustles and Passive Income Streams
- How to Start a Blog – Michelle Schroeder-Gardner is the self-made millionaire behind MakingSenseOfCents.com who credits finding her purpose and sharing her story through blog writing for her personal and financial success. With her easy-to-follow course, you can be up and running a blog in less than a day!
- Making Sense of Affiliate Marketing – Over 50-percent of Michelle’s How I Made Over $1,500,000 In 2018 revenue comes directly from successful affiliate marketing.
- Making Sense of Sponsored Posts – You can also quickly learn how she made her first blogging income, and how she now makes $10,000 – $20,000 a month with sponsored partnerships.
Grow Your Net Worth
Personal Capital – is an online financial advisor and personal wealth management company that helps you track and grow your net worth.
Entrepreneurs and Small Business Owners
- We’ve tried a lot of email subscriber services. ConvertKit is the easiest and best platform.
- Need to collect money or invoice clients? We use Square.
- Want personal finance, work and money presentations tailored to your next seminar or conference? Request us here!
- Click here to learn more about Marcus’ continually updated Debt Free or Die Trying series.
- LIKE us on Facebook.com/PaychecksandBalances or FOLLOW us on Twitter @PayBalances and Instagram!
Get Our Free Guide
Get our FREE 15-Minute Money Plan today! We will use this to send you emails about our products and special offers. You'll also receive actionable work and money tips and interesting reads that'll keep you professionally and financially woke.