On today’s show, we welcome back an old friend, Tiffany Southerland. Tiff is a graduate of Cornell University and the Pennsylvania Law School. After becoming an accomplished lawyer, Tiff realized that although she was great at law, she had lost her love of life and began to redefine what career and success meant for her. It was in this transition that she founded Four Corners Coaching. Four Corners started as a blog and evolved into a company where Tiff helps people redefine what success means to them and works with them to develop strategies to leverage those strengths across all areas of their lives.
On today’s episode, Rich and Tiff discuss career journey’s and provide some insight on how to know when your career path is out of alignment with the vision you have for your life. They also give some tips on how to document your work accomplishments so that you can accurately determine your value when employee review season comes around at your job
- Be responsible for your own career progression
- Free thought and ideas are treated differently within different companies
- Tiptoeing around the PC culture we live in
- How to asses a work environment to see if it’s right for you
- Anonymously review a company via the blind app
- Staying motivated to work on your side gig after your 9-5
- Determining your niche and how to monetize it
- Using your success to empower your community
- Undervaluing yourself at work
- The importance of documenting your work accomplishments
Key Takeaway: Know your values and recognize when your life and career are out of alignment.
Follow Tiff South
- Website: fourcornerscoach.com
- Instagram: instagram.com/tiffsouth/
- Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/how-does-she-do-it-practical-insight-honest-perspective/id1043813945
- Twitter: @tiffsouth
This Week’s Sponsor
- Gusto – Gusto offers modern, easy payroll benefits to small businesses across the country — they were even named best online payroll by PCMag. And as a listener, you’ll get three months free when you run your first payroll at Gusto.com/paychecks.
- University of California Irvine – If you are trying to start a new career, advance your career or better develop an appreciation of the world around you, UCI Division of Continuing Education has the resources needed to support your undertakings. There are certificate programs and specialized studies programs available making it easy to advance your career in as little as 6 months. For 15-percent off, visit ce.uci.edu/PaychecksBalances
Our Favorite Tools This Week
Available exclusively to our email subscribers, see why 15-minutes can change the next 15 years with our free 15 Minute Paychecks & Balances Money Plan: Your Guide to Financial Freedom.
Raise Your Credit Score!
- D.E.B.T. Free: A 4-Week Starter Kit – Get Paychecks & Balances, LLC. signature course today! Based on our popular book, Debt Free or Die Trying: How I Buried Myself in $30,000 in Debt and Dug My Way Out, this actionable 4-step program helps you create a debt free plan you’ll actually follow.
- SoFi – offers a full range of financial services, from personal loans to refinancing to investing. Marcus has used SoFi twice and has nothing but good things to say about their easy to use services. Use our referral link and get $100 when your loan is funded.
Break the Paycheck-to-Paycheck Cycle
- Digit – Struggling to save money? Sign-up for Digit at paybal.co/digit to automate your way to saving hundreds or more! Digit analyzes your spending and automatically saves the perfect amount every day. Read why Rich loves Digit and how much it’s already saved him.
- Tiller – The only spreadsheet templates powered by an automatic feed of your finances directly into Google Sheets and Excel. Easily budget, track expenses. Get started here!
- Freshly – Behind only housing (33%) and transportation (16%), food-related expenses (13%) is the largest expense category for the average household. Freshly delivers chef cooked, healthy, wallet-friendly meals that fit any budget. Use our referral link to take 2-weeks off from cooking with $20 off your first two orders.
Side Hustles and Passive Income
- How to Start a Blog – Michelle Schroeder-Gardner is the self-made millionaire behind MakingSenseOfCents.com who credits finding her purpose and sharing her story through blog writing for her personal and financial success. With her easy-to-follow course, you can be up and running a blog in less than a day!
- Making Sense of Affiliate Marketing – Over 50-percent of Michelle’s How I Made Over $1,500,000 In 2018 revenue comes directly from successful affiliate marketing.
- Making Sense of Sponsored Posts – You can also quickly learn how she made her first blogging income, and how she now makes $10,000 – $20,000 a month with sponsored partnerships.
- Want personal finance, work and money presentations tailored to your next seminar or conference? Request us here!
- Learn more about Marcus Garrett’s book, the Debt Free or Die Trying series.
- LIKE us on Facebook.com/PaychecksandBalances or FOLLOW us on Twitter @PayBalances and Instagram!
Get Our Money Plan
Get our FREE 15-Minute Money Plan today! You'll also receive actionable work and money tips and interesting reads that'll keep you professionally and financially woke.