It’s 6-months into the year. Do you know where your finances are? Well, we declared our positive affirmations and #FinGoals for 2018 on PB80: It’s Never Too Late to Get Started. For your benefit and ours, we’re going back to the future with a much needed Mid-Year Resolutions revelation to see where we have been winning, slipping, and where we need to make some in game adjustments (unlike Tyronn Lue!) to get back on track. On this episode, we’ll discuss the art of the win and how you too can set yourself up for the mid-year come back or maintain your wins into the second-half of the year. It’s never too late to get on track. If you haven’t set your personal & financial goals for the year, there’s no time like the present. Let’s get it!
- We share that even your losses can help you learn more about yourself and your financial priorities
- Tailor your work-life to align with your peak productivity hours to stand out from the competition
- Why even modest investments in your 401k in your 20s might make the difference between retiring as early as your 40s or as late as your 60s
- How to fund your “emergency fund” so major financial emergencies are only minor budgetary inconveniences
- Inspired by Good to Great, Marcus shares the ‘big audacious hairy goal’ he hopes to reach by age 40 and the exact investment steps he’ll need to take to get there
References Mentioned in this Show
- P&B Blog: How to Save 1x Your Income by Age 30
- We’re reading and reviewing the top 15 Personal Finance Books (so you don’t have to)
- Investopedia: Retirement Target Date Funds (Defined)
- Recommended Apps
Thank You for the Support
- Exclusively for our email subscribers, we created a free guide: The 15 Minute Paychecks & Balances Money Plan: Your Guide to Financial Freedom. This tool includes “15-minute” plans for creating a budget, starting your debt freedom plan, and finding your FIRE number. Sign-up to get your guide today and see why just 15-minutes can change the next 15 years of your life. You’ll also get show updates, digital giveaways, and much more. We don’t spam. We just keeps it real. Yes, keeps.
- Powered by NerdWallet PaychecksAndBalances.com/Tools has calculators and widgets for all your personal financial needs!
- Marcus has joined the GoBankingRates “Smart Money Squad”! Visit PaychecksAndBalances.com/GBR to learn more.
- Check out the Debt Free Or Die Trying series to learn how Marcus paid off $30,000 in debt by age 30; and how to create a debt free plan you’ll actually follow.
- Check out our PATREON page! We’re raising funds to grow the show so we can create more great content that helps you get ahead professionally and financially.
- LIKE us on Facebook.com/PaychecksandBalances or follow us on Twitter @PayBalances @IamRichJones @THEMarcusGarret and Instagram.
Get Our Free Guide
Get our FREE 15-Minute Money Plan today! We'll show you how to build a path to financial freedom. You'll also receive actionable work and money tips and interesting reads that'll keep you professionally and financially woke.