Stephen Warley joins Rich on the podcast today. Stephen is the founder of “Life Skills That Matter”. Life Skills That Matter is on a mission to help you begin to start working for yourself and create a life and career that’s aligned with your personal values. If you believe that the concept of “work” is broken and you want to disrupt everything that society has taught you about the workforce, Life Skill That Matter can help.
When you being to set values-based goals instead of monetary goals, you can start aligning your life’s purpose to the actions you take daily. What are your core values? You need to get curious and self-aware and figure them out. Some people want to be able to work from anywhere in the world, others want to work less and spend more time with family and friends. Once you figure out what’s truly important to you, you can begin to build a life that’s purpose-driven. That’s where true success lies.
Key Takeaway: With some curiosity, patience and the right planning you can eventually work on your own terms and get paid to be exactly who you are.
- Automation disrupting industries is closer than people think
- What life’s like living and working abroad in Bali
- People in their early thirties have never been through an economic downturn
- Being intentional with your money and tracking where it all goes
- The pro’s and con’s of leaving an inheritance for your children
- Raising kids with money
- Time, Energy and Attention – Your most valuable personal resources
- Starting a “life fund” not a retirement fund
- Identifying your core values and living your life in accordance with those values is a true success
- What to do if you’re unhappy with where you’re currently at in life
- The importance of resting, to reflect
- Curiosity, Self Awareness, and Connection – The three most important life skills
Follow Stephen Warley
- Website: lifeskillsthatmatter.com/
- Twitter: twitter.com/stephenwarley
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/warley/
- Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/life-skills-that-matter-learn-why-self-employment-is/id1180432038
This Week’s Sponsor
- LinkedIn Learning – knows what employees need—based on insights only available from the LinkedIn community. It uses these insights to understand which skills are most in-demand and publishes sixty new courses every week with personalized recommendations to every employee. Visit linkedinlearning.com/paychecks—and sign up for a demo today.
- Gusto – offers modern, easy payroll benefits to small businesses across the country — they were even named best online payroll by PCMag. And as a listener, you’ll get three months free when you run your first payroll at Gusto.com/paychecks.
Our Favorite Tools
Available exclusively to our email subscribers, see why 15-minutes can change the next 15 years with our free 15 Minute Paychecks & Balances Money Plan: Your Guide to Financial Freedom.
Raise Your Credit Score!
- D.E.B.T. Free: A 4-Week Starter Kit – Get Paychecks & Balances, LLC. signature course today! Based on our popular book, Debt Free or Die Trying: How I Buried Myself in $30,000 in Debt and Dug My Way Out, this actionable 4-step program helps you create a debt free plan you’ll actually follow.
- SoFi – offers a full range of financial services, from personal loans to refinancing to investing. Marcus has used SoFi twice and has nothing but good things to say about their easy to use services. Use our referral link and get $100 when your loan is funded.
Break the Paycheck-to-Paycheck Cycle
- Digit – Struggling to save money? Sign-up for Digit at paybal.co/digit to automate your way to saving hundreds or more! Digit analyzes your spending and automatically saves the perfect amount every day. Read why Rich loves Digit and how much it’s already saved him.
- Tiller – The only spreadsheet templates powered by an automatic feed of your finances directly into Google Sheets and Excel. Easily budget, track expenses. Get started here!
- Freshly – Behind only housing (33%) and transportation (16%), food-related expenses (13%) is the largest expense category for the average household. Freshly delivers chef cooked, healthy, wallet-friendly meals that fit any budget. Use our referral link to take 2-weeks off from cooking with $20 off your first two orders.
Increase Your Income Streams
- Trade Your 9 to 5 with Investing Made Easy – Tela Holcomb, shows you How to Trade Your Way to Financial Freedom and Build a Legacy of Wealth – All Without Working 40+ Hours a Week in her course bundle. Learn how she does it here.
- Start Your Amazon Side Hustle – The result of Sandy of YesIamCheap.com nearly two decades of experience is a 5 module course that is designed to get you up and running and selling on Amazon. Modules include videos, ebooks, checklists, live video classes, templates and Periscope videos designed to help you get online and profitable, fast. I teach you how to put everything together so that you can begin earning side money from your first month in business.
- Visit TMG to get your FREE chapter from the upcoming Second Edition of Debt Free or Die Trying.
- LIKE us on Facebook.com/PaychecksandBalances or FOLLOW us @PayBalances and Instagram.
Get Our Newsletter!
Join our free email community to get our newsletter with actionable tips and interesting reads to help you navigate your finances and career.