Learn about our D.E.B.T. Free Course: A 4-week Starter Kit to reach debt freedom including the exact 4-steps author and podcast host Marcus Garrett followed to pay off over $30,000 in debt by clicking here.
Other Resources We Offer:
- I Want to Start a Podcast
- I Want to Order an Original Drop, Voiceover, or Narrated Video
- I Have a Conference, Seminar or Special Request for P&B
Other Resources We Recommend:
- How to Start a Blog – Michelle Schroeder-Gardner is the self-made millionaire behind MakingSenseOfCents.com. She credits finding her purpose and sharing her story through blog writing for her personal and financial success. With her easy-to-follow course, you can be up and running your own blog in less than a day!
- Making Sense of Affiliate Marketing – Over 50-percent of Michelle’s How I Made Over $1,500,000 In 2018 revenue comes directly from successful affiliate marketing.
- Making Sense of Sponsored Posts – You can also quickly learn how she made her first blogging income, and how she now makes $10,000 – $20,000 a month with sponsored partnerships.
Create Your Financial Independence Money Plan Today
When we relaunched the P&B Blog our first stop was to visit with the people. Yes, the same dedicated listeners, supporters, and network that propelled the podcast to top five in Apple Podcast and #BLESSED us with hundreds of 5-star reviews! Who better to ask?
What were our listening audience and money-minded Facebook Group members most interested in? More money, duh!
Accelerate your money making plan with our favorite resources:
- 15 Minutes invested in yourself today can change the next 15 years: get our free 15-Minute Money Plan covering Budgeting for Beginners, How to Build a
Debt FreePlan, and estimate your FIRE (Financial Independence / Retire Early) retirement number along with the exact amount you need to save each month to reach financial freedom.
- Debt Free Advice:
- Try Marcus’ Debt Free or Die Trying: How I Buried Myself in $30,000 in Debt and Dug My Way Out by Age 30; or
- The follow-up eBook: Debt Free or Die Trying: How to Create a Debt Free Plan You’ll Actually Follow.
- Learn more about both here!
- P&B’s Fav Personal Finance Resources:
- Our Favorite Personal Finance Tools (updated monthly)
- Improve Your Savings Rate Automatically with Digit
- Use Mint to Budget for the Win with These Four Overlooked Life Hacks
- Debt and Money Management Calculators:
- Financial Planning Made Easy
- HelloGrove.com/paychecks – At Grove, clients are paired with top-notch financial advisors to create personalized strategies, help track their financial health progress, and available for advice anytime, anywhere. Grove’s mission is to make personalized financial advice affordable and accessible to everyone, not just the rich.
Relatable Personal Finance Advice
Tired of reading unrelatable personal finance profiles on people who borrowed a small $100,000 loan from their parents, inherited their wealth, or lived at home while paying off thousands of dollars in debt in 48-hours all while buying HGTV homes on full-time professional video game player budgets? We heard you loud and clear!
Our listeners wanted real personal finance profiles from relatable individuals that live and work in the real world. From financial basics to expert advice, we’ll go beyond viral headlines with step-by-step guides that highlight how individuals from a variety of backgrounds, age, and work experiences reach financial independence.
See all of these features in our Personal Finance section.
Advice from Personal Finance Experts
Listeners want to know what the experts say about personal finance. For this topic, we’ve created a simple #AskPB submissions inbox. You can send in all your career and money questions. We will research the answer or find the subject matter expert who knows. F
- Paychecks & Balances Past Subject Matter Experts and Guests
- P&B Series: Ask A Certified Financial Planner (CFP)
- P&B Series: April is National #FinancialLiteracyMonth
- P&B Series: October is #FinancialPlanningMonth
Expand your listens and reads further with our network:
- Paychecks & Balances Recommends: The Best African American Personal Finance Podcasters and Bloggers to Follow to Get Your Money Right
- NerdWallet: Financial Gurus to Follow
- XoNecole: 12 Must Listen Podcasts For Women Trying To Glow Up
- BlackEnterprise: 8 Money Experts to Follow to Upgrade Your Finances
- GoBankingRates: 15 Money Podcasts That Are Perfect for Your Commute
- The PennyHoarder: 11 Podcasts for Anyone Who Wants to Get Smarter About Money
How Do I Reach My Financial
The first step to reaching your financial goal is to start. As with any journey, it is easier to get lost if you are unclear about where you’re going. We read and reviewed action items from the top 15 personal finance books, so you don’t have to.
To keep you motivated, we aggregate helpful content focused on getting you started on the right financial and career pathway. Follow all our calls-to-action and step-by-step guides in our FinGoals section.
Think you have a unique financial story? Send us a pitch here for a chance at a Paychecks & Balances feature.
Get Our Free Guide
Get our FREE 15-Minute Money Plan today! We will use this to send you emails about our products and special offers. You'll also receive actionable work and money tips and interesting reads that'll keep you professionally and financially woke.