This page may contain affiliate links. Please read our Advertiser Disclosure for more info.
D.E.B.T. Free: A 4-week Starter Kit – Based on Marcus’ popular book, Debt Free or Die Trying: How I Buried Myself in $30,000 in Debt and Dug My Way Out, this actionable 4-step course helps you create a debt free plan you’ll actually follow. Check out a free preview and learn more today at paybal.co/debt!
View our full library of recommended Personal Finance Courses by clicking here.
Personal Finance Reads
- Debt Free or Die Trying: How I Buried Myself in $30,000 in Debt and Dug My Way Out by Age 30 (First Edition) by Marcus Garrett
- eBook: Debt Free or Die Trying: How to Create a Debt Free Plan You’ll Actually Follow ($1.99 on Kindle)
- We Read the 15 Best Personal Finance and Investment Books and Summarized the Action Items From Each That Will Make You Rich
- GoBankingRates: #SmartMoneySquad ft. Marcus Garrett
The Financial Independence / Retire Early (FIRE) Movement
When we relaunched the P&B Blog our first stop was to visit with the dedicated listeners, supporters, and network that propelled the podcast to top five in Apple Podcast and #BLESSED us with hundreds of 5-star reviews! What were our listening audience and P&B Facebook Group most interested in?
More money, and less debt!
- P&B Feature: Financial Independence / Retire Early (FIRE)
Personal Finance Spotlights
Our listeners wanted real personal finance profiles from relatable individuals that live and work in the real world. From financial basics to expert advice, we’ll go beyond viral headlines with step-by-step guides that highlight how individuals from a variety of backgrounds, age, and work experiences reach financial independence.
Tired of reading unrelatable personal finance profiles on people who borrowed a small $100,000 loan from their parents, inherited their wealth, or lived at home while paying off thousands of dollars in debt in 48-hours all while buying HGTV homes on full-time professional video game player budgets? We hear you loud and clear!
View all features in our Personal Finance section.
Personal Finance Subject Matter Experts and Interviews
Listeners want to know what the experts have to say about their personal finances. We created a simple #AskPB submissions box to send all your career and money questions. We research the answer for you or find the subject matter expert who knows.
View all responses in our AskPB section. You might also be interested in the following P&B Series:
- Paychecks & Balances Subject Matter Experts and Guests
- Ask A Certified Financial Planner (CFP)
- April is National #FinancialLiteracyMonth
- October is #FinancialPlanningMonth
Define Your Financial Goals
The first step to reaching your financial goal is to start. As with any journey, it is easier to get lost if you are unclear about where you are going. We’ve made it easy for you. To keep you motivated, we aggregate content focused on getting started on the financial independence, career, or entrepreneurial path of your choice.
Find our calls-to-action and step-by-step guides in our FinGoals section.
Our Favorite Personal Finance Tools
Our Personal Finance Center is updated monthly. This quick-list addresses our listeners most FAQ.
Paychecks & Balances’ 15 Minute Money Plan
Investing 15 minutes today can change the next 15 years with our free 15-Minute Money Plan covering: Budgeting for Beginners, How to Build a
Break the Paycheck-to-Paycheck Cycle
- Tiller – The only spreadsheet templates powered by an automatic feed of your finances directly into Google Sheets and Excel. Easily budget, track expenses. Get started here!
- Digit – Struggling to save money? Sign-up for Digit at paybal.co/digit to automate your way to saving hundreds or more! Digit analyzes your spending and automatically saves the perfect amount every day. Still not convinced? Read why Rich loves Digit here.
- MintApp – Marcus Garrett GoBankingRates feature: Use Mint to Budget for the Win with These Four Overlooked Life Hacks.
Debt and Money Management Calculators
- I Want to Start a Podcast
- What recording equipment do you use?
- I Want to Order an Original Drop, Voiceover, or Narrated Video
Make Money Blogging
- How to Start a Blog – Michelle Schroeder-Gardner is the self-made millionaire behind MakingSenseOfCents.com. She credits finding her purpose and sharing her story through blog writing for her personal and financial success. With her easy-to-follow course, you can be up and running your own blog in less than a day!
- Making Sense of Affiliate Marketing – Over 50-percent of Michelle’s How I Made Over $1,500,000 In 2018 revenue comes directly from successful affiliate marketing.
- Making Sense of Sponsored Posts – You can also quickly learn how she made her first blogging income, and how she now makes $10,000 – $20,000 a month with sponsored partnerships.
Visit our network for more great advice
- Paychecks & Balances Recommends: The Best African American Personal Finance Podcasters and Bloggers to Follow to Get Your Money Right
- NerdWallet: African American Financial Gurus to Follow
- BlackEnterprise: 8 Money Experts to Follow to Upgrade Your Finances
- GoBankingRates: 15 Money Podcasts That Are Perfect for Your Commute
- XoNecole: 12 Must Listen Podcasts For Women Trying To Glow Up
- The PennyHoarder: 11 Podcasts for Anyone Who Wants to Get Smarter About Money
Get Our Free Guide
Get our FREE 15-Minute Money Plan today! We will use this to send you emails about our products and special offers. You'll also receive actionable work and money tips and interesting reads that'll keep you professionally and financially woke.