This week we’re welcoming back Sylvia Inks to the show! As a Small Business Finance Coach and author of the book, Small Business Finance for the Busy Entrepreneur, Sylvia’s mission is to help small business owners make more money to create and grow profitable businesses. Whilst some business owners are confident in this area, others are not. Those who have never owned a business before might be unaware of how to produce a profit.
On this week’s show, Sylvia shares her productivity tips and ignites an in-depth conversation on how each of us can strategize our next steps, in order to create forward momentum towards profitability.
In this episode, you’ll hear us discuss our methods of accomplishing necessary tasks, balancing relationships and our business, and how to take control of your finances in order to level up in your career.
- Volunteering your time and practicing your presentation skills
- Tell people what you do. Do not be shy!
- Financial Advisor vs Financial Coach
- To-Do List Debt and Productivity Hacks
- The 2-Minute Rule: “If any tasks takes two minutes…. Get it done NOW!”
- Accomplishing High Priority/ Non-Negotiable Tasks to break out of “paralysis by analysis”
- Theme your weekdays to set purpose and create momentum in your week
- Navigating relationships and your business schedules
- Determining when you can afford to hire help, for your business
- The different ways to pay yourself as a small business owner
Key Takeaway: The name of the game is STRATEGY. You must focus on your goals, non-negotiable tasks, and the direction you want to go in order to be successful with your small business. It’s not enough to create a list of To-Do tasks and work several hours a week. In order to change your life, you have to deliberately accomplish high priority tasks and become financially responsible.
- Website: smifinancialcoaching.com
- Facebook: smifinancialcoaching
- Online Course: SMIFinancialCoaching.com/Finances101
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/smifinancial/
- LinkedIn: linkedin.com/in/sylviainks
This Week’s Sponsor
- Gusto – Gusto offers modern, easy payroll benefits to small businesses across the country — they were even named best online payroll by PCMag. And as a listener, you’ll get three months free when you run your first payroll at Gusto.com/paychecks.
- University of California Irvine – If you are trying to start a new career, advance your career or better develop an appreciation of the world around you, UCI Division of Continuing Education has the resources needed to support your undertakings. There are certificate programs and specialized studies programs available making it easy to advance your career in as little as 6 months. For 15-percent off, visit ce.uci.edu/PaychecksBalances
Mentioned on This Week’s Show
Our Favorite Tools This Week
Available exclusively to our email subscribers, see why 15-minutes can change the next 15 years with our free 15 Minute Paychecks & Balances Money Plan: Your Guide to Financial Freedom.
Raise Your Credit Score!
- D.E.B.T. Free: A 4-Week Starter Kit – Get Paychecks & Balances, LLC. signature course today! Based on our popular book, Debt Free or Die Trying: How I Buried Myself in $30,000 in Debt and Dug My Way Out, this actionable 4-step program helps you create a debt free plan you’ll actually follow.
- SoFi – offers a full range of financial services, from personal loans to refinancing to investing. Marcus has used SoFi twice and has nothing but good things to say about their easy to use services. Use our referral link and get $100 when your loan is funded.
Break the Paycheck-to-Paycheck Cycle
- Digit – Struggling to save money? Sign-up for Digit at paybal.co/digit to automate your way to saving hundreds or more! Digit analyzes your spending and automatically saves the perfect amount every day. Read why Rich loves Digit and how much it’s already saved him.
- Tiller – The only spreadsheet templates powered by an automatic feed of your finances directly into Google Sheets and Excel. Easily budget, track expenses. Get started here!
- Freshly – Behind only housing (33%) and transportation (16%), food-related expenses (13%) is the largest expense category for the average household. Freshly delivers chef cooked, healthy, wallet-friendly meals that fit any budget. Use our referral link to take 2-weeks off from cooking with $20 off your first two orders.
Side Hustles and Passive Income
- How to Start a Blog – Michelle Schroeder-Gardner is the self-made millionaire behind MakingSenseOfCents.com who credits finding her purpose and sharing her story through blog writing for her personal and financial success. With her easy-to-follow course, you can be up and running a blog in less than a day!
- Making Sense of Affiliate Marketing – Over 50-percent of Michelle’s How I Made Over $1,500,000 In 2018 revenue comes directly from successful affiliate marketing.
- Making Sense of Sponsored Posts – You can also quickly learn how she made her first blogging income, and how she now makes $10,000 – $20,000 a month with sponsored partnerships.
- Want personal finance, work and money presentations tailored to your next seminar or conference? Request us here!
- Learn more about Marcus’ continually updated Debt Free or Die Trying series.
- LIKE us on Facebook.com/PaychecksandBalances or FOLLOW us on Twitter @PayBalances and Instagram!
Get Our Newsletter!
Join our free email community to get our newsletter with actionable tips and interesting reads to help you navigate your finances and career.