Today we welcome the host of “The Side Hustle Show”, Nick Loper. The Side Hustle Show is a weekly podcast that has been running since 2013. It explores creative ideas on how to make money outside of your day job.
Nick is a side hustle enthusiast and many years ago he created a comparison-shopping website for footwear, that allowed him to quit his full-time corporate job. Since then he’s had dozens of other side hustle successes and failures.
Nick is a believer that with hard work, the right niche and some patience, everyone can have some success with a side hustle, and use the extra cash to save more money, pay off debt, learn new skills or try and escape the rat race.
Nick is also the founder of sidehustlenation.com. The site has hundreds of side hustle ideas and it showcases Nick’s success and failures as well as gives actionable lessons from other side hustle entrepreneurs.
In this episode, you’ll learn how to come up with the right side hustle idea, how a podcast can help grow your business, the importance of hiring help once you can afford it and why you have to grind daily, after your 9-5.
- Using affiliate marketing
- Doing product reviews on YouTube
- Working on your side hustle after hours
- Living below your means
- “Consistency is key”
- Having a lot of interest in what you’re working on will keep you going when you feel like quitting because you actually care about what you’re working on and aren’t motivated by just the money
- Hiring a virtual assistant once you can afford it
- Putting systems and processes in place within your side hustle business
- Service-based side hustles vs. product-based side hustles
Follow the Hustlers
- Website: https://www.sidehustlenation.com/
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SideHustleNation
- YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/NickLoper
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/NickLoper
- Podcast: https://www.sidehustlenation.com/side-hustle-show/
Starting a side hustle is a great way to make extra money, but it’s also about building a future of financial freedom and being in control of your life.
This Week’s Sponsors
- Away started with the perfect suitcase crafted with features that make travel more seamless. They offer a range of essentials that solve real travel problems so all you have to think about is where you’re getting Away. For $20 off a suitcase, visit awaytravel.com/PAYCHECKS and use promo code PAYCHECKS.
- University of California Irvine – If you are trying to advance your career, UCI Division of Continuing Education has the resources needed to support you. There are certificate programs and specialized studies available to make it easy to advance in as little as 6 months. For 15-percent off, visit ce.uci.edu/PaychecksBalances and enter promo code “paychecks” at checkout.
Our Favorite Tools
Available exclusively to our email subscribers, see why 15-minutes can change the next 15 years with our free 15 Minute Paychecks & Balances Money Plan: Your Guide to Financial Freedom.
Raise Your Credit Score!
- D.E.B.T. Free: A 4-Week Starter Kit – Get Paychecks & Balances, LLC. signature course today! Based on our popular book, Debt Free or Die Trying: How I Buried Myself in $30,000 in Debt and Dug My Way Out, this actionable 4-step program helps you create a debt free plan you’ll actually follow.
- SoFi – offers a full range of financial services, from personal loans to refinancing to investing. Marcus has used SoFi twice and has nothing but good things to say about their easy to use services. Use our referral link and get $100 when your loan is funded.
Break the Paycheck-to-Paycheck Cycle
- Digit – Struggling to save money? Sign-up for Digit at paybal.co/digit to automate your way to saving hundreds or more! Digit analyzes your spending and automatically saves the perfect amount every day. Read why Rich loves Digit and how much it’s already saved him.
- Tiller – The only spreadsheet templates powered by an automatic feed of your finances directly into Google Sheets and Excel. Easily budget, track expenses. Get started here!
- Freshly – Behind only housing (33%) and transportation (16%), food-related expenses (13%) is the largest expense category for the average household. Freshly delivers chef cooked, healthy, wallet-friendly meals that fit any budget. Use our referral link to take 2-weeks off from cooking with $20 off your first two orders.
Increase Your Income Streams
- Trade Your 9 to 5 with Investing Made Easy – Tela Holcomb, shows you How to Trade Your Way to Financial Freedom and Build a Legacy of Wealth – All Without Working 40+ Hours a Week in her course bundle. Learn how she does it here.
- Start Your Amazon Side Hustle – The result of Sandy of YesIamCheap.com nearly two decades of experience is a 5 module course that is designed to get you up and running and selling on Amazon. Modules include videos, ebooks, checklists, live video classes, templates and Periscope videos designed to help you get online and profitable, fast. I teach you how to put everything together so that you can begin earning side money from your first month in business.
- Check out Marcus’ mention on CBSNews.com.
- TMG and the Second Edition of Debt Free or Die Trying coming this 2020.
- LIKE us on Facebook.com/PaychecksandBalances or FOLLOW us on Twitter @PayBalances and Instagram!
Get Our Newsletter!
Join our free email community to get our newsletter with actionable tips and interesting reads to help you navigate your finances and career.