It’s LIT! Thanks to this week’s FIRE guest, Robert Farrington, America’s Millennial Money and Student Loan Debt Expert. He is also the founder of TheCollegeInvestor.com, which is the #1 resource for helping millennials get out of student loan debt and start building real wealth for their future. The College Investor is designed to be the #1 tool to help get out of student loan debt, learn how to earn more money, understand how to start investing, and build real wealth. We spoke about Robert’s “Financial Independence, Retire Early for Non-Frugal Piece” on Episode 66: How to Quicken Your Savings, Reach Financial Independence, and Retire Early.
- Credible is an online marketplace that provides borrowers with competitive, personalized loan offers from multiple, vetted lenders in real-time to lower your interest rate or reduce your monthly payment in as little as one business day. Learn more today.
We were lucky enough to catch Robert at FinCon for a live recording covering:
- Robert’s views on the difference between achieving financial independence versus early retirement
- Why graduates should consider prioritizing paying off your student loans before all other debts
- Wealth building through FIRE and the difference between “lean” and “fat” FIRE goals
- How to estimate and calculate your retirement needs and why you might need a “buffer” of up to 30-50% for unforeseen expenses and lifestyle changes
References Mentioned on This Show
- Robert Farrington
- FIRE (FINANCIAL INDEPENDENCE/RETIRE EARLY) FOR NON-FRUGAL PEOPLE
|Annual Expenses||Retirement Number|
- Investopedia – The 4-percent rule for estimating retirement expenses
- Investor.gov – a great and easy tool for calculating the monthly amount needed to reach your FI/RE goal
Check out PaychecksAndBalances.com/FirstTime
Looking for more free career development and debt freedom tips? Join our email list at PaychecksandBalances.com/email for exclusive content including show updates, digital giveaways, and more. We don’t spam. We just keeps it real. Yes, keeps.
Check out our PATREON page! We’re raising funds to grow the show so we can create more great content that helps you get ahead professionally and financially.
Read Marcus’ book, Debt Free Or Die Trying: How He Buried and Dug His Way Out Of Over $30,000 in debt by age 30 on Amazon!
Get Our Newsletter!
Join our free email community to get our newsletter with actionable tips and interesting reads to help you navigate your finances and career.