Since her last visit, she has become a part of CNBC’s Digital Financial Advisor Council, which consists of 20 high-level financial professionals that make investment terms and strategies more transparent and she writes a monthly column for PBS Newshour. Rianka is a Certified Financial Planner and both the Founder and CEO of “Your Greatest Contribution” or YGC. She continues to establish herself as a leader in the financial world and has been published in Black Enterprise, CNBC, Financial Advisor, ThinkAdvisor, MarketWatch, US News & World Report, Women’s Health and many more.
In this episode, you’ll learn how to become financially transparent with your partner, position yourself for the next tax year, understand how new tax laws affect you, decoding deductions, and how to empower yourself with tax knowledge.
- The experience of starting a new business
- Why Financial Transparency is paramount in a relationship
- Avoiding “lifestyle creep” so you don’t lose momentum with your wealth
- Tax Prep vs Tax Planning
- Tax Prep: Getting your documents in order, going back to see if you can deduct expenses
- Tax planning: strategically planning for the next year so missteps don’t happen again
- How the new tax law might affect you and your taxes might have changed
- Using your 401(k) to get a better tax break
- Learn about quarterly taxes and who has to pay them
- Incorporating tax planning into career, family, and the future
Key Takeaway: By tax planning throughout the year, you can empower yourself, your business, and develop life long habits that will ensure
Follow Rianka Dorsainvil Around the Web:
Mentioned on this Episode:
- CNBC Contributor
- PBS NewsHour
- A Financial Plan for HENRYs: High Earner, Not Rich Yet ft Rianka Dorsainvil, CFP – PB108
- Paychecks & Balances listener bonus! Get your free download 10 Steps Before You Take the Entrepreneurial Leap at paybal.co/TenSteps
- Money.com: SEP IRAs Explained
- Color Full Lives: Angela Yee, Aminatou Sow, Tonya Rapley of MyFabFinance ft. Paychecks and Balances – SEP IRAs and Personal Finances
- Investopedia: Restricted Stock Units (RSUs)
This Week’s Sponsors
- The UCI Division of Continuing Education courses
aretaught by expert instructors with industry experience with offerings of over 60 convenient certificates and specialized studies programs on campus and online designed for the working professional who seeks career advancement and personal enrichment. Spring quarter is coming up and registration is open! To learn more, visit ce.uci.edu.
- This week, Blinkist.com/Paychecks has a special offer just for our P&B audience. Blinkist is made of busy people like you who want to get the main points without reading the entire book. With an audio feature, Blinkist makes it easy to finish 4 books a day while you are on the go. Visit Blinkist.com/Paychecks today to start your free 7-day trial!
Our Favorite Tools
Available exclusively to our email subscribers, see why 15-minutes can change the next 15 years with our free 15 Minute Paychecks & Balances Money Plan: Your Guide to Financial Freedom.
- Digit – Struggling to save money? Sign-up for Digit at paybal.co/digit to automate your way to saving hundreds or more! Digit analyzes your spending and automatically saves the perfect amount every day, so you don’t have to think about it. Read why Rich loves Digit and how much it’s already saved him.
- Tiller – The only spreadsheet templates powered by an automatic feed of your finances directly into Google Sheets and Excel. Easily budget, track expenses. Get started here!
Credit Card & Debt Management
- Debitize – a personal finance application that helps consumers use credit cards responsibly. Sign-up today, or listen to our interview with the CEO: PB79: Debitize – Credit Card Perks without Credit Card Debt ft Liran Amrany for more info. You can also read how Debitize helped Paychecks & Balances get into the 800 FICO Credit Score Club.
- SoFi– offers a full range of financial services, from personal loans to refinancing to investing. There’s something to help everyone get their money right. I’ve used SoFi twice and have nothing but good things to say about their easy to use and helpful services. Use our referral link (or don’t, because we would still recommend them) for a $100 credit towards your next loan.
Learn and Grow Your Net Worth
Personal Capital – is an online financial advisor and personal wealth management company that helps you track and grow your net worth.
Entrepreneurs and Small Business Owners
- We’ve tried a lot of email subscriber services. ConvertKit is, by far, the easiest and best platform.
- Need to collect money or invoice clients? We use Square.
- PLEASE HELP! Paychecks & Balances has entered the FedEx Small Business Grant contest, where we have the potential to win as much as $50,000 to invest in the P&B Brand. You can support us with 3 easy choices:
- 1) Vote Today at paybal.co/FedEx (you can vote once every 24-hours)
- 2) Click the “Share this business” on social media
- 3) Post the Voting Badge
- We created a PATREON premium content page! Patreon is an extension of the weekly podcast, including conversations we have amongst ourselves or with guests after we finish the main recording. On The After Show, we get into real convos with guest after the broadcast stops to hear how they really feel about the topics we covered to share with an exclusive audience of listeners: Join #TeamPremium today!
Support Paychecks & Balances
- Want personal finance or career presentations tailored for your next seminar or conference? Contact us here!
- Visit PaychecksAndBalances.com/GBR to read Marcus “Smart Money Squad” articles at GoBankingRates.com.
- Our Debt Free page has continuously updated tools and resources and
Marcus’ Debt Free or Die Trying series is available on Amazon.com.
- LIKE us on Facebook.com/PaychecksandBalances or FOLLOW us on Twitter @PayBalances and Instagram!
Get Our Newsletter!
Join our free email community to get our newsletter with actionable tips and interesting reads to help you navigate your finances and career.