On the show with us today is Lisa Hylton, a controller who manages funds that invest in real estate. Lisa currently resides in Los Angeles but grew up in Grand Cayman with her real estate investing parents who eventually influenced her to build a career in the same sphere. Her mission is to educate, inspire and provide opportunities to people around the world to invest in real estate. You can check out Lisa’s podcast “The Level Up REI Podcast” where she delves deeper into the vast world of real estate investing.
In today’s episode Lisa talks about her role as a controller and answers Marcus and Rich’s questions on some of the lesser-known real estate terminology and topics out there. She also breaks down and introduces us to expansive opportunities the world of real estate has to offer. We learn the importance of getting educated and understanding real estate by using the resources available to make your money work for you
This Week’s Sponsor
- Breeze – Seven in 10 working Americans couldn’t make it a month without a paycheck before experiencing financial hardship. Breeze offers income protection for serious injuries and illnesses that prevent you from working for 3 months or longer (including permanent conditions). Learn more at paybal.co/breeze.
- What a controller does
- Real estate syndication
- Discussing paper loss
- Things to consider before investing
- Getting your ‘financial house’ in order and being prepared with an emergency savings that is accessible in a pinch
- Investing for appreciation vs. investing for cash flow
- 506-C offerings vs. 506-B offerings
- How to use retirement accounts to invest in real estate
- The 401K rollover process
- Building Generational Wealth
Key Takeaway: The opportunity to invest in real estate is within reach and can be achieved with the right financial and informational preparedness.
- Website: lisahylton.com
- YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCGCl06UySL12jdstEqXjqiQ
- Instagram: instagram.com/lisahyl
- Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/the-level-up-rei-podcast/id1499611126
Save More Money
- Digit – Struggling to save money? Sign-up for Digit at paybal.co/digit to automate your way to saving hundreds or more! Digit analyzes your spending and automatically saves the perfect amount every day. Read why Rich loves Digit and how much it’s already saved him.
- Tiller – The only spreadsheet templates powered by an automatic feed of your finances directly into Google Sheets and Excel. Easily budget, track expenses. Get started here.
Investing Made Easy
- Trade Your 9 to 5 with Investing Made Easy – Tela Holcomb shows you How to Trade Your Way to Financial Freedom and Build a Legacy of Wealth – All Without Working 40+ Hours a Week in her course bundle. Learn how she does it here.
- This Teacher Turned Investment Expert Shares How She Makes $1,000 a Day – enrollment is now open for Teri’s latest trading course: Trade and Travel
- The Perfect Portfolio – A step-by-step program to build financial freedom. Your teacher, Kevin L. Matthews II, is a Certified Financial Planner, bestselling author, and former financial advisor. He holds a bachelor’s degree in Economics from Hampton University, obtained a certificate of financial planning from Northwestern University and a certificate in disruptive strategy from Harvard Business School. He was named one of the Top 100 Most Influential Financial Advisors by Investopedia.
- D.E.B.T. Free or Die Trying is now available on Amazon!
- LIKE us on Facebook.com/PaychecksandBalances or FOLLOW us @PayBalances and Instagram.
Get Our Newsletter!
Join our free email community to get our newsletter with actionable tips and interesting reads to help you navigate your finances and career.