The Master Passive Income business owner, Dustin Heiner, joins the P&B family today. Dustin is a podcaster, author, real-estate investing coach, and wildly successful real estate investor.
Dustin’s journey into real estate began after a lay-off from a “secure” corporate office job.
At that point, he realized that he would never get wealthy working for someone else. He decided he needed to start working toward becoming his own boss.
A weekend real estate seminar on how to buy rental properties inspired Dustin to make his first real estate investment. The key to this seminar was investing for passive income versus investing and hoping for appreciation.
The rest is history!
Years later, Dustin and his family live off of the passive income generated by his properties while they travel the world.
- Not depending on anyone other than yourself to make money
- Setting up the real estate business FIRST, before buying property
- How to hire the right property managers and repairmen
- Getting business referrals and clients through networking
- Why “location, location, location” is not always true in real estate
- Don’t limit yourself to only investing in local real estate in your region when investing around the country may be cheaper and smarter
- Why Dustin now only works 30 minutes a month
- Investing for passive income NOT appreciation
- Pricing your rents slightly below average
- How to exploit seller financing opportunities
- Why not all debt is created equal (Dustin even bought a house on a credit card once!) I’m sure many landlords would consider looking at property at websites similar to Roofstock to acquire streamlined investment property.
Mentioned on This Week’s Show
- FOR THE P&B FAMILY – Get Your Free Course Today: masterpassiveincome.com/freecourse
- We read 15 of the Best Personal Finance Books, so you don’t have to! See the action items that will make you rich from Rich Dad, Poor Dad and many more: paychecksandbalances.com/books
- #AskPB: When Should I Withdraw Money From My 401k?
- PB48: Renting vs. Buying with Kirk Chisholm
- Follow Dustin Heiner
This Week’s Sponsor
- Babel – the language learning app that will get you speaking a new language with confidence. You can try Babbel for free. Go to Babbel.com or download the app and try it for free!
- University of California Irvine – If you are trying to start a new career, advance your career or better develop an appreciation of the world around you, UCI Division of Continuing Education has the resources needed to support your undertakings. There are certificate programs and specialized studies programs available making it easy to advance your career in as little as 6 months. For 15-percent off, visit ce.uci.edu/PaychecksBalances
Our Favorite Tools This Week
Available exclusively to our email subscribers, see why 15-minutes can change the next 15 years with our free 15 Minute Paychecks & Balances Money Plan: Your Guide to Financial Freedom.
Raise Your Credit Score!
- D.E.B.T. Free: A 4-Week Starter Kit – Get Paychecks & Balances, LLC. signature course today! Based on our popular book, Debt Free or Die Trying: How I Buried Myself in $30,000 in Debt and Dug My Way Out, this actionable 4-step program helps you create a debt free plan you’ll actually follow.
- SoFi – offers a full range of financial services, from personal loans to refinancing to investing. Marcus has used SoFi twice and has nothing but good things to say about their easy to use services. Use our referral link and get $100 when your loan is funded.
Break the Paycheck-to-Paycheck Cycle
- Digit – Struggling to save money? Sign-up for Digit at paybal.co/digit to automate your way to saving hundreds or more! Digit analyzes your spending and automatically saves the perfect amount every day. Read why Rich loves Digit and how much it’s already saved him.
- Tiller – The only spreadsheet templates powered by an automatic feed of your finances directly into Google Sheets and Excel. Easily budget, track expenses. Get started here!
- Freshly – Behind only housing (33%) and transportation (16%), food-related expenses (13%) is the largest expense category for the average household. Freshly delivers chef cooked, healthy, wallet-friendly meals that fit any budget. Use our referral link to take 2-weeks off from cooking with $20 off your first two orders.
Side Hustles and Passive Income
- How to Start a Blog – Michelle Schroeder-Gardner is the self-made millionaire behind MakingSenseOfCents.com who credits finding her purpose and sharing her story through blog writing for her personal and financial success. With her easy-to-follow course, you can be up and running a blog in less than a day!
- Making Sense of Affiliate Marketing – Over 50-percent of Michelle’s How I Made Over $1,500,000 In 2018 revenue comes directly from successful affiliate marketing.
- Making Sense of Sponsored Posts – You can also quickly learn how she made her first blogging income, and how she now makes $10,000 – $20,000 a month with sponsored partnerships.
- Want personal finance, work and money presentations tailored to your next seminar or conference? Request us here!
- Learn more about MG’s book, the Debt Free or Die Trying series.
- LIKE us on Facebook.com/PaychecksandBalances or FOLLOW us on Twitter @PayBalances and Instagram!
Get Our Newsletter!
Join our free email community to get our newsletter with actionable tips and interesting reads to help you navigate your finances and career.