Rich and Marcus discuss how to make good career decisions. They’ll be sharing some tips and tricks on how to operate from a position of strength when going on job interviews, how following your efforts can lead to better results than following your dreams and how moving to a different city for work can set you up for some huge career moves later in life. Plus, Rich lets you know just how valuable your LinkedIn profile can be.
- Rich pays off his car loan 2-years early and shares how and why.
- Your credit score fluctuates negatively at a higher rate when you miss payments, then it fluctuates positively when you’re making timely payments. That’s now how any of this is supposed to work, or is it?
- People have trouble with the mindset shift that needs to take place in order to save money or pay off debt. They understand the steps but struggle taking action. “The simpler the plan, the harder it is to follow.” – unknown
- Climbing the ladder at work is the result of getting a plan in place and taking the deliberate action to exceed expectations.
- Know the value of transferable skills when looking for a job in a different sector.
- There can be temporary value in taking a job in a different field with lower pay IF you’re using it to pivot toward a more distant career goal.
- Only 1 in 5 households in the USA will earn over $100,000.
- YahooFinance: 4 tips to increase your salary 400% ft. Paychecks & Balances
- Your LinkedIn profile needs to match your resume. Employers are looking at your profile and comparing it to your resume for inconsistencies.
The Takeaway: In the short-term, taking steps to better position yourself professionally is another route to better position yourself financially in the long long-term.
Our Fav Tools and Resources
- We created a free guide, The 15 Minute Paychecks & Balances Money Plan: Your Guide to Financial Freedom, exclusively for our email subscribers. Sign-up today and see why just 15-minutes can change the next 15 years of your life.
- Struggle saving money? Sign-up for Digit today!
- Digit analyzes your spending and automatically saves the perfect amount every day, so you don’t have to think about it. More on why we like this great tool.
- Need to collect money or invoice clients? Sign-up with Square!
- Marcus Debt Free or Die Trying book series is available on Amazon.com.
- Marcus latest book review is out! Your Credit Score: How to Improve the 3-Digit Number That Shapes Your Financial Future by Liz Weston.
- Support Rich for #SXSW2018! It’s easy!! Just visit PickThisPanel.com, follow the instructions, and let’s send Rich to Austin Texas to spread the P&B greatness!!!
- Are you a financial blogger or podcaster? Are you interested in taking your financial brand to the next level? Or maybe you just want to see the Dulcet Brothers in person! Whatever your motivation may be, FinCon2018 is the place to do it. FinCon is where money & media meet — a great conference that Paychecks and Balances has faithfully attended the last three years. This year they’re taking their talents to Florida, September 26-28. Learn more and purchase your ticket here at: Paybal.co/fincon18
- Visit our *updated* PATREON page for more info! We revamped the page to include a new tier system and even more exclusive information for subscribers. We’re raising funds to grow the show so we can create more great content that helps you get ahead professionally and financially.
Support Paychecks & Balances
- Use PaychecksAndBalances.com/GBR to read all of Marcus GoBankingRates “Smart Money Squad” articles.
- Visit our Debt Free page for more info on available tools and resources. Want us to design a personal finance or career seminar tailored to your group? Contact us!
- LIKE us on Facebook.com/PaychecksandBalances or follow us on Twitter @PayBalances @IamRichJones @THEMarcusGarret and Instagram
Get Our Money Plan
Get our FREE 15-Minute Money Plan today! You'll also receive actionable work and money tips and interesting reads that'll keep you professionally and financially woke.