Elle Martinez started Couple Money in 2009 after writing about personal finances for more than 7 years. Couple Money’s purpose is to help couples build their finances together by learning to live on one income and having fun with the second through tips, tools, and services that can help couples work out solutions that address their needs. Couple Money has been featured on sites such as Business Insider, Daily Finance, TurboTax, and Go Banking Rates. If you’re in a relationship now or planning on getting into one in the future, Elle covers these helpful tips for you:
- The financial advice she councils both singles and couples to consider before marrying their finances in either joint accounts or holy matrimony
- Use ‘money dates’ to get financially comfortable with your partner early in the relationship and before it’s too late to recover from financial infidelity
- Increase your likelihood of financial success by focusing on your passions as a couple before the money and debt
- Tips for designing a personal finance system that will succeed because it is tailored to your individual relationship goals
- Watch CBSN (video) ft. Marcus Garrett of Paychecks & Balances: How to rebuild your credit history
- Watch YahooFinance (video) ft. Marcus Garrett of Paychecks and Balances: Managing Your Credit Card Debt
References Mentioned in this Show
- Social Media
- Website: CoupleMoney.com
- Twitter: @CoupleMoney
- Books / Guides:
- P&B Blog: We’re reading and reviewing the top 15 personal finance books so you don’t have to
Thank You for the Support
- Exclusively for our email subscribers, we created a free guide: The 15 Minute Paychecks & Balances Money Plan: Your Guide to Financial Freedom. This tool includes “15-minute” plans for creating a budget, starting your debt freedom plan, and finding your FIRE number. Sign-up to get your guide today and see why just 15-minutes can change the next 15 years of your life. You’ll also get show updates, digital giveaways, and much more. We don’t spam. We just keeps it real. Yes, keeps.
- Marcus has joined the GoBankingRates “Smart Money Squad.” Visit PaychecksAndBalances.com/GBR to learn more.
- Check out the Debt Free Or Die Trying series to learn how Marcus paid off $30,000 in debt by age 30; and how to create a debt free plan you’ll actually follow.
- Check out our PATREON page! We’re raising funds to grow the show so we can create more great content that helps you get ahead professionally and financially.
- LIKE us on Facebook.com/PaychecksandBalances or follow us on Twitter @PayBalances @IamRichJones @THEMarcusGarret and Instagram
Get Our Free Guide
Get our FREE 15-Minute Money Plan today! We will use this to send you emails about our products and special offers. You'll also receive actionable work and money tips and interesting reads that'll keep you professionally and financially woke.