Today Candice Marie has a positive net worth, savings, investments and paid off over $47,000 in debt! This wasn’t the case just six years ago when she didn’t want to check her net worth because she knew it was in the negatives. While some of us worry about living paycheck-to-paycheck, Candice had to get use to a no-check-to-no-check lifestyle after struggling for years to find steady work after graduating college. Rather than get discouraged, she used this as an opportunity to become self-taught about personal finance. She began sharing her experiences through Young Yet Wise. The network she built and stories she shared there helped motivate her to stay on track and learn more about smart money management. She joins Paychecks & Balances this week to give you realistic tips for reaching your own financial goals.
- How focusing on net worth versus just debt and savings management helped motivate her to reach her financial goals
- Candice saved $1,000, began investing with only $1,000, then focused on paying down her debts
- Why she chose the Snowball method when tackling her Student Loans
- The apps and tools she recommends for tracking and managing your investments and financial goals
- Visit her website to sign-up for her free 5-day money challenge to jump start your own journey to financial freedom
References Mentioned in this Show
- Candice Marie
- Website: YoungYetWise.com
- Twitter: @YoungYetWis3
- Instagram: YoungYetWis3
- Top Recommended Blogs
- PB86: Banish the Balance ft. Tonya Rapley
- PB68: Don’t Cost Yourself $600,000 in Lost Career Earnings
- P&B Blog: How to Calculate Your Cost of Living Adjustment for Different Cities
- SmartAsset: What Americans in the Biggest Cities Spend the Most On
- Dave Ramsey Blog: The Debt SnowBall Method
- FinCon2018: Orlando, Florida
- Keeping up with the Joneses will cost you a lot of Benjamins: Is lifestyle creep holding you back from your financial goals? Check out Marcus’ latest for GoBankingRates: Lifestyle Inflation Cost Me an Extra $8,000 a Year — Here’s How. You can view all of Marcus GBR pieces by visiting PaychecksAndBalances.com/GBR
Thank You for the Support
- Exclusively for our email subscribers, we created a free guide: The 15 Minute Paychecks & Balances Money Plan: Your Guide to Financial Freedom. This tool includes “15-minute” plans for creating a budget, starting your debt freedom plan, and finding your FIRE number. Sign-up to get your guide today and see why just 15-minutes can change the next 15 years of your life.
- Read Marcus’ book series, Debt Free Or Die Trying, to learn more about how he paid off $30,000 in debt by age 30; and how to create a debt free plan you’ll actually follow.
- Looking for more free career development and debt freedom tips? Join our email list at PaychecksandBalances.com/email for exclusive content including show updates, digital giveaways, and more. We don’t spam. We just keeps it real. Yes, keeps.
- We’ve partnered with NerdWallet for all your personal finance needs at PaychecksAndBalances.com/Tools
- Check out our PATREON page! We’re raising funds to grow the show so we can create more great content that helps you get ahead professionally and financially.
- LIKE us on Facebook.com/PaychecksandBalances or follow us on Twitter @PayBalances @IamRichJones @THEMarcusGarret and on Instagram.
Get Our Money Plan
Get our FREE 15-Minute Money Plan today! You'll also receive actionable work and money tips and interesting reads that'll keep you professionally and financially woke.