There’s levels to adulting and someone lost the instruction book, but we got you! This week Rich and I talk about the steps we followed in pursuit of financial independence. You’ll hear how even simple changes in your day-to-day routine can lead to huge financial wins in the year-to-year. Plus, hear a quick four-step way to estimate your your own financial independence number. Like always, we keeps it fun, informative and simple. On this episode we cover:
- What we’ve learned and applied that allowed us to Level Up on our own personal financial game
- Three steps you can apply immediately to jump-start your own journey towards financial independence
- The order you should apply when budgeting, managing your debt (school loans versus credit cards), and retirement planning
- Boss Level: The Big Payback – estimate when your early investments in time and work will start to return multiple or residual income streams
References Mentioned in this Show
- Get Your Free Credit Report: AnnualCreditReport.com
- Credit Card Calculators by BankRate
- JPMorgan Chase: An Extra $10 a Month Could Save You 11 Years Worth of Debt Payments
- PB87: Your Money Mindset Matters ft. J.D. Roth
- PB73: Mastering Financial Independence and Student Loans with Robert Farrington
- Marcus joins Financial Independence hosts, Gwen @fierymillennial and J @millennialboss on the Fire Drill Podcast to discuss Putting the Personal in Personal Finance. Check it out!
Thank You for the Support
- Exclusively for our email subscribers, we created a free guide: The 15 Minute Paychecks & Balances Money Plan: Your Guide to Financial Freedom. This tool includes “15-minute” plans for creating a budget, starting your debt freedom plan, and finding your FIRE number. Sign-up to get your guide today and see why just 15-minutes can change the next 15 years of your life.
- We’ve partnered with NerdWallet for all your personal finance needs at PaychecksAndBalances.com/Tools
- Looking for more free career development and debt freedom tips? Join our email list at PaychecksandBalances.com/email for exclusive content including show updates, digital giveaways, and more. We don’t spam. We just keeps it real. Yes, keeps.
- Check out our PATREON page! We’re raising funds to grow the show so we can create more great content that helps you get ahead professionally and financially.
- Read Marcus’ book series, Debt Free Or Die Trying, to learn more about how he paid off $30,000 in debt by age 30; and how to create a debt free plan you’ll actually follow.
- LIKE us on Facebook.com/PaychecksandBalances or follow us on Twitter @PayBalances @IamRichJones @THEMarcusGarret and on Instagram.
Get Our Free Guide
Get our FREE 15-Minute Money Plan today! We'll show you how to build a path to financial freedom. You'll also receive actionable work and money tips and interesting reads that'll keep you professionally and financially woke.