Jeff Johnson has been seen covering red carpets and press junkets for various outlets including NBC News and The YBF. Jeff also hosts the “NonStopCulture Show.” A podcast and YouTube show discussing the latest in pop culture and digital media. He is also an on-air host FanBros and correspondent and producer for Bleacher Report. RTs are not endorsements but the views and waves are (allegedly) his. We brought Jeff on the show to tells us how he transitioned from content corporate guy into his dream job. Here’s what he told us:
- Tailoring your resume(s) for the job you want not the job you have
- The career building advice he offers anyone looking to transition into another field even if they are not getting direct experience at their present job
- How proactive career planning ensured he was ready to answer when his dream job called even though he wasn’t positive when that opportunity would finally knock
- A couple corporate horror stories that many of us can unfortunately relate to when he knew it was time to move on to another career
- Why when you work a 9-to-5 you love it doesn’t feel like work, proving that time really does fly if and when you’re having fun
[bctt tweet=”On PB89 @JeffJSays explains how mentors can help network. People aren’t looking for handouts. ‘Just throw a perfect pass.’ The rest is up to me.” username=”PayBalances”]
References Mentioned in this Show
- Jeff Johnson
- Forbes: Employees Who Stay In Companies Longer Than Two Years Get Paid 50% Less
- Click here to read Rich’s tips for identifying and leveraging transferable skills on Jopwell.
Thank You for the Support
- We’ve created a new free guide exclusively for our email subscribers: The 15 Minute Paychecks and Balances Money Plan: Your Guide to Financial Freedom. The free document includes “15-minute” plans for creating a budget, starting your debt freedom plan, and finding your FIRE number. Sign-up to get your free guide today and see why just 15-minutes may change the next 15 years of your own journey to reach financial independence.
- We’ve partnered with NerdWallet for all your personal finance needs at PaychecksAndBalances.com/Tools
- Looking for more free career development and debt freedom tips? Join our email list at PaychecksandBalances.com/email for exclusive content including show updates, digital giveaways, and more. We don’t spam. We just keeps it real. Yes, keeps.
- Check out our PATREON page! We’re raising funds to grow the show so we can create more great content that helps you get ahead professionally and financially.
- Read Marcus’ book series, Debt Free Or Die Trying, to learn more about how he paid off $30,000 in debt by age 30; and how to create a debt free plan you’ll actually follow.
- LIKE us on Facebook.com/PaychecksandBalances or follow us on Twitter @PayBalances @IamRichJones @THEMarcusGarret and on Instagram.
Get Our Free Guide
Get our FREE Paychecks & Balances 15-Minute Money Plan today! We will also send you info about our products, special offers, and money tips and reads to keep you sharp. Your guide to financial freedom is an email away.