Continuing our guest interviews for National Financial Literacy Month April 2018, we welcome back Tonya Rapley (ICYMI – PB29: My Fab Finance ft. Tonya Rapley). Since the last time she was on our show, Mrs. Rapley has secured several bags. For the newly acquainted, Tonya is the millennial money expert and creator of the award-winning site, MyFabFinance.com. In 2014 she was deemed the “New Face of Wealth Building” by Black Enterprise Magazine and her site has been voted the best finance blog for women. She joins us this week to help discuss this week’s Financial Literacy theme: Eliminating Debt.
- Tonya’s motto is “never stop learning.” She explains how this mantra has helped her pursuit of happiness
- The importance of surrounding yourself with the right people and how ‘building the right team’ can be the difference between doing good versus doing great
- #BanishTheBalance: challenges you to create financial boundaries and allows you to join a community of like-minded individuals motivated to remove debt from their lives
- How she overcame the new challenge of managing ‘business debt’ and the lesson she learned about herself and maintaining financial rigor even after you achieve financial success
[bctt tweet=”It’s easier to critique than to create. Creating excuses & creating solutions take the same amount of energy. – @MyFabFinance” username=”PayBalances”]
References Mentioned in this Show
- Tonya Rapley
- Yes, Banks Are Reordering Your Transactions And Charging Overdraft Fees
- Chase: Just An Extra $10 a Month Pays Down Your Debt Faster
- Debt Freedom: How the Snowball Method Works
- PB69: Seek Wisdom and Find Wealth with Patrice Washington
- PB79: Debitize – Credit Card Perks without Credit Card Debt ft Liran Amrany
- PB76: The Electronic Envelope System and More
- We’ve created a new free guide exclusively for our email subscribers: The 15 Minute Paychecks and Balances Money Plan: Your Guide to Financial Freedom. The free document includes “15-minute” plans for creating a budget, starting your debt freedom plan, and finding your FIRE number. Sign-up to get your free guide today and see why just 15-minutes may change the next 15 years of your own journey to reach financial independence.
Thank You for the Support
We’ve partnered with NerdWallet for all your personal finance needs at PaychecksAndBalances.com/Tools
Looking for more free career development and debt freedom tips? Join our email list at PaychecksandBalances.com/email for exclusive content including show updates, digital giveaways, and more. We don’t spam. We just keeps it real. Yes, keeps.
Check out our PATREON page! We’re raising funds to grow the show so we can create more great content that helps you get ahead professionally and financially.
Read Marcus’ book series, Debt Free Or Die Trying, to learn more about how he paid off $30,000 in debt by age 30; and how to create a debt free plan you’ll actually follow.
Get Our Free Guide
Get our FREE 15-Minute Money Plan today! We will use this to send you emails about our products and special offers. You'll also receive actionable work and money tips and interesting reads that'll keep you professionally and financially woke.