This week we welcome, The Dude. No, not The Big Lebowski but of equal reverence, The Early Retirement Dude. ER Dude shares the secrets behind how he retired 12-years ago at the age of 36 and never looked back. Mastering financial independence isn’t easy, but with the right plan, he believes almost anyone can repeat his formula for success. You won’t even need a special blend of 13 secret spices. You just need to:
- Clearly define your purpose: why do I want to retire early and if I succeed at my plan, what will I do in retirement (to overcome the inevitable boredom)?
- Decide whether you really want to retire, or do you just need a different career field that actually motivates you?
- How many of your current costs are fixed versus would be avoided or lowered if you worked from home?
- Are your financial goals and lifestyle more aligned withLean FIRE or Fat FIRE retirement saving goals?
- Health IQ – An insurance company that helps health-conscious people get lower rates on life insurance. Go here to support the show and see if you qualify.
References Mentioned in this Show
- The “Early Retirement Dude”
- Investopedia – The 4-Percent Rule Explained
- PB59: Kids Cost What?!
- PB73: Mastering Financial Independence and Student Loans with Robert Farrington
- PB Blog: How Much Home, Car, and Debt You Can Afford on a 30, 50, and $100,000 Salary
- PB Blog: Living on 90% of Your Salary Can Help You Save 1x Your Income by 30 and 3x by 40
Thank You for the Support
We’ve partnered with NerdWallet for all your personal finance needs at PaychecksAndBalances.com/Tools
Looking for more free career development and debt freedom tips? Join our email list at PaychecksandBalances.com/email for exclusive content including show updates, digital giveaways, and more. We don’t spam. We just keeps it real. Yes, keeps.
Check out our PATREON page! We’re raising funds to grow the show so we can create more great content that helps you get ahead professionally and financially.
Read Marcus’ book, Debt Free Or Die Trying: How He Buried and Dug His Way Out Of Over $30,000 in debt by age 30 on Amazon!
Get Our Money Plan
Get our FREE 15-Minute Money Plan today! You'll also receive actionable work and money tips and interesting reads that'll keep you professionally and financially woke.