This week we’re joined by Jeanie Ahn of @YahooFinance. Some of you will remember Jeanie from our feature on CBS New’s “Your Money Matters” panel. Jeanie is a reporter & senior producer who specializes in making personal finance and career guidance fun by helping viewers make smarter money moves! She joins us to discuss how to successfully make multiple career transitions and the importance of salary negotiation, as well as tips for preparing for your next career and salary negotiation. This episode includes:
[bctt tweet=”Your annual self-evaluation should be the best story you write all year. – @Jeanie531″ username=”PayBalances”]
- Navigating multiple career changes along your “path of discovery” that doesn’t follow the traditional career pathway
- Using certifications, mentorships, and networking for cheaper alternatives to personal development and continued salary growth
- Defining your plan and developing a budget focused on your goals and personal priorities
- Preparing for a job interview and making the salary negotiation conversation less intimidating
- LinkedIn Learning – Get a free 30-day trial of online courses galore by clicking here.
- Health IQ – An insurance company that helps health-conscious people get lower rates on life insurance. Go here to support the show and see if you qualify.
References Mentioned in this Show
- Jeanie Ahn
- Recommended Articles
Thank You for the Support
We’ve partnered with NerdWallet for all your personal finance needs at PaychecksAndBalances.com/Tools
Looking for more free career development and debt freedom tips? Join our email list at PaychecksandBalances.com/email for exclusive content including show updates, digital giveaways, and more. We don’t spam. We just keeps it real. Yes, keeps.
Check out our PATREON page! We’re raising funds to grow the show so we can create more great content that helps you get ahead professionally and financially.
Read Marcus’ book, Debt Free Or Die Trying: How He Buried and Dug His Way Out Of Over $30,000 in debt by age 30 on Amazon!
Get Our Money Plan
Get our FREE 15-Minute Money Plan today! You'll also receive actionable work and money tips and interesting reads that'll keep you professionally and financially woke.