We got 99 problems but a credit ain’t one. We originally met Liran Amrany at FinCon2017, where we learned he is the co-founder and CEO of Debitize, a personal finance application that helps consumers use credit cards responsibly. How does it work? Debitize automatically helps customers set aside funds to cover their credit card purchases like a debit card while still allowing users to access the benefits, protections, and perks of their credit cards. Before founding the tool, he spent 9 years developing derivative products for The Man at J.P. Morgan. On this show, we discuss his plot for financial world domination and much more, including:
- Liran’s background and what inspired him to leave the 9 to 5 to pursue his own company
- His journey from mild-mannered employee to CEO of his own entrepreneurial start-up despite never having had direct management experience before leaving the day job
- The courage needed to believe in yourself as you move from corporate worker to self-employment, managing a team, and meeting investor expectations
- Debitize: reducing the fears many have of credit card use while giving you all the pros (and still protects you from yourself by not allowing you to overdraft your account)
References Mentioned on this Show
- Exclusive to PaychecksAndBalances Listeners: Receive a $10 Credit towards your Debitize account by visiting Debitize.com/PayBalances
- Debitize in the News
- The New York Times: How to Make Your Credit Card Act Like a Debit Card
- Forbes: Liran Amrany – How To Kick Debt To The Curb: Advice From The Experts
- JPMorgan Chase: An Extra $10 a Month Could Save You 11 Years Worth of Debt Payments
- ICYMI – CBS News’ CBSN: Your Money Matters ft. Paychecks and Balances and why Millennials fear death more than credit cards
- We joined Renay Richardson of the “Get a Dog Podcast” to discuss money and finances on Money Money Money?
- Check out our guest feature: Finding The Right Balance Between Your Income & Expenses on “Journey to Launch” episode 28.
- Our latest Personal Finance Book Review by Marcus Garrett: The Millionaire Next Door by Thomas J. Stanley
Thank You for the Support
We’ve partnered with NerdWallet for all your personal finance needs at PaychecksAndBalances.com/Tools
Looking for more free career development and debt freedom tips? Join our email list at PaychecksandBalances.com/email for exclusive content including show updates, digital giveaways, and more. We don’t spam. We just keeps it real. Yes, keeps.
Check out our PATREON page! We’re raising funds to grow the show so we can create more great content that helps you get ahead professionally and financially.
Read Marcus’ book, Debt Free Or Die Trying: How He Buried and Dug His Way Out Of Over $30,000 in debt by age 30 on Amazon!
Get Our Free Guide
Get our FREE 15-Minute Money Plan today! We will use this to send you emails about our products and special offers. You'll also receive actionable work and money tips and interesting reads that'll keep you professionally and financially woke.