There are two truths we all hold self-evident in our careers: 1) it’s always Happy Hour somewhere or 2) performance review season. With these facts of career life in mind, the best time to start your self-evaluation was yesterday and the next best time is today. On our This Week In Work segment we discuss:
- Salary negotiation: starting at $55,000 versus $50,000 could yield an additional $630,000 in career earnings
- Why you don’t need to fear losing an offer of employment if you make a reasonable salary negotiation or counter offer
- For employees:
- How to prepare for and win at your next performance review
- Why depending only on your Manager to remember your performance for the year is a recipe for disaster
- For managers:
- How to use an employee’s “self-evaluation” to help develop your review when you’ve inherited a team or team member(s) from another Manager
October: We’ve been selected to speak at FinCon October 25-28th: How to Build a Money Podcast Without Being an Expert (or boring).
Check out our PATREON page! We’re raising funds to grow the show so we can create more great content that helps you get ahead professionally and financially.
Read Marcus’ book on how he buried and dug his way out of over $30,000 in debt by age 30, Debt Free Or Die Trying, on Amazon.
Looking for more career development and debt freedom tips? Join our email list at PaychecksandBalances.com/email for exclusive content including show updates, digital giveaways, and more. We don’t spam. We just keeps it real. Yes, keeps.
Get Our Newsletter!
Join our free email community to get our newsletter with actionable tips and interesting reads to help you navigate your finances and career.