It’s our first PB BOGO: this week’s Money Minute segment show covers lessons learned from Dave Ramsey’s and you get a full review on the PB blog: The Total Money Makeover: A Proven Plan for Financial Fitness! Our discussion includes:
- Are The Total Money Makeover, Envelop System, and Snowball Debt Payment method still relevant for the Millennial (ages 18-34) generation
- The 14 Personal Finance books we will read (so you don’t have to) and breakdown on upcoming shows
- Why Marcus disagrees that “personal finance is 80 percent behavior and only 20 percent knowledge” – Dave Ramsey
- The pros/cons and still relevant advice found in The Total Money Makeover (2013)
- Why “spend more than you earn or earn more than you spend” might be more timely advice for our generation
- How the Debt Snowball Works – Dave Ramsey
- Lendedu: What Does Dave Ramsey Think About Home Equity Loans?
- PB26: Behind the Brilliance ft. @LisaNicoleBell inspires The PB “10 Pages a Day” Challenge
- How Much Home, Car, and Debt You Can Afford on a $30, $40, and a $100,000 Salary
- Paychecks and Balances makes an appearance on Shonda Rhimes’ Shondaland.com: These Money Apps Actually Force You to Save
- NerdWallet – A Breakdown of the Average U.S. Household Debt
ICYMI – A recap of Marcus’ presentation for #InternationalPodcastDay is now available on Youtube.
October: We’ve been selected to speak at FinCon October 25-28th: How to Build a Money Podcast Without Being an Expert.
Check out our PATREON page! We’re raising funds to grow the show so we can create more great content that helps you get ahead professionally and financially.
Read Marcus’ book on how he buried and dug his way out of over $30,000 in debt by age 30, Debt Free Or Die Trying, on Amazon.
Looking for more career development and debt freedom tips? Join our email list at PaychecksandBalances.com/email for exclusive content including show updates, digital giveaways, and more. We don’t spam. We just keeps it real. Yes, keeps.
Get Our Free Guide
Get our FREE 15-Minute Money Plan today! We will use this to send you emails about our products and special offers. You'll also receive actionable work and money tips and interesting reads that'll keep you professionally and financially woke.