We turned this week’s listener question into a minisode! Let us know what you think in the comments below, or if you have your own question, use the ASK P&B button. Justin left a voicemail to ask “when do you know if you’re overqualified” and what steps to take when the opportunity for advancement or promotion doesn’t exist with your current employer. On this fun episode we respond with tips for:
- The importance of maintaining transferable and marketable skills since staying employed at the same company for over two years might plummet an employee’s lifetime earnings by almost 50-percent
- Why Cover Letters are losing their importance in some industries and how you can increase your odds for a callback by tailoring your resume or online job profile.
- How expanding your job search to other cities and states significantly boosts your odds of finding employment.
- Revisiting how Boolean Searches can help narrow your job search on sites such as LinkedIn, Google Jobs, and others.
- Using your mentors/coaches and personal network to identify current and future job opportunities.
- Employees Who Stay In Companies Longer Than Two Years Get Paid 50% Less
- Self-Made Millionaires Advice: Apply for jobs you’re underqualified for
- ICYMI – PB59: LinkedIn Search Tips
- ICYMI – PB50: Rising at Work thru Networking and Mentoring ft. Tiffany Southerland
Check out our PATREON page! We’re raising funds to grow the show so we can create more great content that helps you get ahead professionally and financially.
Read Marcus’ book on how he buried and dug his way out of over $30,000 in debt by age 30, Debt Free Or Die Trying, on Amazon.
Looking for more career development and debt freedom tips? Join our email list at PaychecksandBalances.com/email for exclusive content including show updates, digital giveaways, and more. We don’t spam. We just keeps it real. Yes, keeps.
Get Our Newsletter!
Join our free email community to get our newsletter with actionable tips and interesting reads to help you navigate your finances and career.