A new Money Minute inspired listener question and our drive to get our and your money right so we can stunt — responsibly and within our budgets, of course — on the haters! A This Week in Work update finds Rich delving even further into the seedy underworld of the professional dark side, also known as Middle Management.
- After our How Much You Need to Save Each Month to Retire With $1,000,000 blog equally excites and depresses folks on both the wrong and right side of 30, a listener on Twitter laments: Who at age 23 has $415 of excess money?!? Well, we’re glad you asked because we have the answer for how you can make more, save more, or both.
- How the Average American Spends Their Paycheck and one easy change you can make this week that can save you hundreds as early as next month.
- Tips for finding your personal financial motivation and defining your why informed our thoughts on the new Census report on US median household net worth: White: $132k Asian: $112k Hispanic: $13k Black: $9
- Let’s learn to Research Refinancing Your Car 101
This Week In Work
- If you want to go hungry, just promote to Management???
- Those unspoken job roles and responsibilities that come with promotions that no one tells you about.
- Life Hacks and Pro Tips for ‘Keeping It Real’ at work so you can go viral on Friday without being fired by Monday.
- Latest Census Report on Median Wealth Released
- ICYMI – PB46: Magnify Your Money featuring @MandiWoodruff of The Brown Ambition Podcast
Check out RockStar Finance’s Directory of Personal Finance Blogs (and Resources) from @BudgetsAreSexy. This is a great resource for all things personal finance and, humble brag, we made the list too! You can show support to us and these other awesome personal finance blogs by clicking here.
We’re on Soundcloud!
Check out our PATREON page! We’re raising funds to grow the show so we can create more great content that helps you get ahead professionally and financially.
Read Marcus’ book on how he buried and dug his way out of over $30,000 in debt, Debt Free Or Die Trying, on Amazon.
Looking for more career development and debt freedom tips? Join our email list at PaychecksandBalances.com/email for exclusive content including show updates, digital giveaways, and more. We don’t spam. We just keeps it real. Yes, keeps.
Get Our Free Guide
Get our FREE 15-Minute Money Plan today! We will use this to send you emails about our products and special offers. You'll also receive actionable work and money tips and interesting reads that'll keep you professionally and financially woke.