Ready to get your financial life together (#GYFLT)? Erin Lowry, creator of BrokeMillennial.com and author of Broke Millennial: Stop Scraping By and Get Your Financial Life Together is here to help! Broke Millennial, the book, is a step-by-step guide on how to go from flat-broke to financial badass. The kind of financial badass that wouldn’t be scared of investing in bitcoin at bitcoin.com.au. Unlike most personal finance books, it doesn’t just cover boring stuff like credit card debt, investing, and dealing with the dreaded “B” word. Wait for it… (budgeting). Erin goes beyond the basics to tackle tricky money matters and situations we all face #IRL.
Broke Millennial, the author, joins us for a multi-faceted conversation covering everything from career and salary negotiations to the financial experience she gained from infamous “Krispy Kreme Incident” that forever changed young Erin and set in motion a lifetime of personal discipline & financial expertise starting at age 7. On this entertaining show we discuss:
- How to successfully transition from the paycheck-to-paycheck lifestyle to establishing your own personal brand and entrepreneurial business
- The income, health care considerations and mental prep you should consider that allowed Erin to quit her day job making less than the U.S. average median income while still saving over 12-months of living expenses in one of the most expensive cities in the country
- The pros and cons of self-publishing versus traditional publishing, as well as a chapter by chapter breakdown of Broke Millennial covering the work, money, and career advice you need to know
- Steps you can take today to “treat your money with respect,” immediately cutting out unnecessary fees and expenses, so you can start controlling your money instead of letting your money control you to live the life you want and deserve
Exclusive to Paychecks & Balances listeners, if you purchase Broke Millennial and email Erin proof-of-receipt at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Paychecks & Balances”, she will send you a free unreleased bonus chapter!
This week’s listener question:
Firstly I’d like to say thank you for this podcast, it’s been so informative for me. My question is, how do you resist the impulse to buy?
Have a career or personal finance question you need answered? Just click the ASK P&B button!
Special thanks to our sponsor, FreshBooks. To get a free 30-day trial of their super-easy-to-use cloud accounting software, visit freshbooks.com/paychecks and enter “paychecks and balances” in the How Did You Hear About Us section.
- Erin Lowry
- Twitter: @BrokeMillennial
- Instagram: BrokeMillennialBlog
- Facebook: BrokeMillennial
- Website: BrokeMillennial.com
- The Book – Broke Millennial: Stop Scraping By and Get Your Financial Life Together
- Career and Salary Negotiations
PB Blog: Rich tackles a personal finance topic and listener question. Check them out!
Get your personal finances in order with Marcus’ NerdWallet and Money.com features:
- How This 34-Year-Old Man Fixed His Spending and Paid Off $30,000 in Debt – “MG is a natural spender. Saving money, on the other hand, was more of an acquired skill…” This article focuses on tips Marcus uses to force automate his budget and savings plans because, as we all know, budgeting sucks.
- How One Man Dug Out From $30,000 in Debt – The story covers 5 tips Marcus used to get out of and state out of debt and includes a FREE 50/30/20 budget tool from NerdWallet.
Check out Rich’s roundtable with Stacking Benjamins!
We’re on Soundcloud!
Check out our PATREON page! We’re raising funds to grow the show so we can create more great content that helps you get ahead professionally and financially.
Read Marcus’ book on how he buried and dug his way out of over $30,000 in debt, Debt Free Or Die Trying, on Amazon.
Looking for more career development and debt freedom tips? Join our email list at PaychecksandBalances.com/email for exclusive content including show updates, digital giveaways, and more. We don’t spam. We just keeps it real. Yes, keeps.
Get Our Newsletter!
Join our free email community to get our newsletter with actionable tips and interesting reads to help you navigate your finances and career.