We go to college to get our “dream jobs,” then we are unable to pursue our dreams because we need the income from the job to pay off the debt incurred from going to college. What a time to be alive! “Simon Sinek (age 43) spoke to The Independent about how parenting, combined with social media, working environments, and our impatience have created a generation plagued by low self-esteem, and what we can do about it.” Say what now? Are Millennials really that entitled and emotionally ill-equipped? On behalf of Millennials everywhere, we debunk these alternative facts. On this week’s show we discuss:
- Is it ok for companies to expect Millennials to be available to work 24-7, even after normal business hours and on the weekend?
- How searching for your dream job is like finding your soulmate, your “soul job” is a journey that might take your entire career.
- Following-up on episode PB40: Think Like a Recruiter, Rich discusses another LinkedIn feature — LinkedIn.com/Alumni — that can help expand your professional network and identify possible referrals based on your school’s alumni.
- Recommended Cost of Living Calculators: CNNMoney; Cost of Living Salary Wizard; Bankrate Cost of Living Calculator
- The Independent: Millennials Are Struggling at Work Because Their Parents Gave them Medals for Coming in Last
- Simon Sinek TedTalks
- ICYMI – PB40: Think Like a Recruiter
We’re on Soundcloud!
Check out our PATREON page! We’re raising funds to grow the show so we can create more great content that helps you get ahead professionally and financially.
Debt Free Or Die Trying the book is available on Amazon!
Looking for more career development and debt freedom tips? Join our email list at PaychecksandBalances.com/email for exclusive content including show updates, digital giveaways, and more. We don’t spam. We just keeps it real. Yes, keeps.
Get Our Newsletter!
Join our free email community to get our newsletter with actionable tips and interesting reads to help you navigate your finances and career.