This week’s guest is Marc Miller. Marc runs the website CareerPivot.com and blog. His career included 22 years at IBM, thriving tech startups, and a stint as a high school math teacher. After thirty years of wandering the proverbial career desert, Marc learned his most crucial lesson: Most people don’t really know what makes them happy at their core, what fulfills them. Marc uses his extensive training experience to help others—especially Baby Boomers—find careers that they could grow into for the decades that lie ahead. We were happy to have him on the show to discuss a wide variety of topics including:
- How individuals can best navigate multi-generational workplaces by focusing on their likenesses and using our differences as strengths to improve our work interactions
- Focus on building resumes versus just college degrees
- The outside forces that shaped each generation’s unique perspective on work and life
- Career advice for your 20s, 30s, and 40s and how CareerPivot strategies can help prepare your for career longevity in or as you near retirement
Be sure to check out these other great reads by Marc Miller:
- The Repurpose Your Career Podcast
- What Does Your Resume Say About Your Age?
- Think Link a Recruiter
- The Multi-Generational WorkPlace White Paper
- Personal Branding for Baby Boomers – What It Is, How to Manage It, and Why It’s No Longer Optional is available on Amazon
- Book Review: The 100 Year Life
We’re excited about “another one!” Be sure to check out our feature on NerdWallet for Black History Month 2017, 8 African American Financial Gurus to Follow. We’re among some great and talented speakers and writers here. Find your expert, niche and get your follow on.
We’re on Soundcloud!
Check out our PATREON page! We’re raising funds to grow the show so we can create more great content that helps you get ahead professionally and financially.
Debt Free Or Die Trying the book is available on Amazon!
Looking for more career development and debt freedom tips? Join our email list at PaychecksandBalances.com/email for exclusive content including show updates, digital giveaways, and more. We don’t spam. We just keeps it real. Yes, keeps.
Get Our Newsletter!
Join our free email community to get our newsletter with actionable tips and interesting reads to help you navigate your finances and career.