This week we’re humbled and happy to be joined by J.D. Roth, formerly of Get Rich Slowly, and now the mastermind behind MoneyBoss! JD is a true renaissance man — a description I didn’t quite make up but I feel doesn’t get used enough so here we are — having originally created Get Rich Slowly to share his progress and lessons learned as he dug his way out of over $35,000 in personal debt. JD started from the bottom while Drake was still wheeling around on Degrassi! He describes himself as an “accidental personal finance expert” aka a regular guy who found himself deep in debt. After tremendous growth and success, he was able to sell GRS. Now he has moved on to host MoneyBoss.com, a site that candidly shares advice on personal finance and money management. On our show he shares:
- How Dave Ramsey’s Total Money Makeover helped JD develop his money management goals
- When used correctly, money can buy happiness
- The importance of developing a personal mission statement for focusing your core values and purpose
- Why you need a ‘financial blueprint’ for prioritizing where your money goes and how you can use it to overcome your natural personality type if you’re naturally a ‘Spender’ or ‘Saver’
- Tips for becoming your own money boss by establishing “You, Inc.” The company where you begin viewing your actions and your life as a business rather than a serious of random events and happenstance, “Instead of assuming you’re a victim of circumstance, I assume that you are the master of your own fate.” – JD
- Book: Your Money: The Missing Manual by J.D. Roth
- Book Recommendation: Your Money or Your Life
- Visit JD’s MoneyBoss website for a free “how to” guide to create your Personal Mission Statement today!
Take the first ever P&B Audience Survey today!
Check out our new PATREON page! We’re raising funds to grow the show so we can create more great content that helps you get ahead professionally and financially.
Debt Free Or Die Trying is out now! Cop it in that Amazon!
Looking for more career development and debt freedom tips? Join our email list at PaychecksandBalances.com/email for exclusive content including show updates, digital giveaways, and more. We don’t spam. We just keeps it real. Yes, keeps.