Maximizing your work time, free time and family time is key for living a successful and fulfilling life. It’s easy to do this in an office using Office Monster supplies however, many people don’t know how to set a schedule or create systems that allow them to maximize productivity and spend their most valuable time on their most valued activities.
This guest of Paychecks & Balances, Amber De La Garza, does. Known as The Productivity Specialist, Amber helps entrepreneurs execute solutions to maximize profits, reduce stress, & make time for what matters most.
Amber has been a contributing author to The Huffington Post and has been featured on dozens of Podcasts. In this episode, Amber breaks down some productivity myths and provides some tools and insight on how to regain control over your time.
- Leaning into organization when there’s chaos in your life
- The importance of distraction-free, focused time
- Finding what works for you and setting boundaries
- If your routine is working, keep going!
- Maximizing free time by waking up earlier or staying up later
- Energy Management – things either give or deplete you
- Parkinson’s Law – work expands so as to fill the time available for it’s completion
- Keep your productivity process simple
Key Takeaway: Productivity is investing your best time into your best activities.
Find Amber Around the Web:
This Week’s Sponsor
University of California, Irvine – Established in 1962, UCI Division of Continuing Education has been offering education for adult learners in Orange County for over half a century. Courses are taught by expert instructors with industry experience with offerings of over 60 convenient certificates and specialized studies programs on campus and online designed for the working professional who seeks career advancement and personal enrichment. Spring quarter is coming up and registration is open! To learn more, visit ce.uci.edu.
Our Favorite Tools
- Available exclusively to our email subscribers, see why 15-minutes can change the next 15 years with our free 15 Minute Paychecks & Balances Money Plan: Your Guide to Financial Freedom.
- Struggling to save money? Sign-up for Digit today at paybal.co/digit to automate your way to saving hundreds or more!
- Digit analyzes your spending and automatically saves the perfect amount every day, so you don’t have to think about it. Read why Rich loves this tool and how much it’s already saved him here.
- We’ve tried a lot of email subscriber services. ConvertKit is, by far, the easiest and best platform we’ve used.
- Need to collect money or invoice clients? We love Square.
- Related Reads – HarvardBiz: Time for Happiness “Time poverty” exists across all economic strata, and its effects are profound. People who feel time-poor: laugh less; exercise less; are less healthy; are less productive at work
; andare more likely to divorce.
Get Our Newsletter!
Join our free email community to get our newsletter with actionable tips and interesting reads to help you navigate your finances and career.