Today’s episode is all about fresh starts. We’re a week into the New Year and the guys are shifting their energy to focus on new personal, career and podcast goals. These aren’t New Years Resolutions, they’re intentions. In this episode Rich and Marcus recap 2018 and share some big things they’ll work on throughout 2019.
- Marcus is (temporarily) back in debt and
sharewhy he’s realized that getting out of debt is a marathon nota sprint
- Debt Cycles – Going in and out of debt can be an
- Household money management vs. single money management
- Having goals to hit vs. hitting every goal
- Defining your “walk away” number for your day job
- Why using “Digit,” the mobile savings app, can be the difference maker in reaching your savings goals
- Why being accustom to a certain financial lifestyle isn’t a bad thing if you focus on supporting it
- Clearly defining your negotiable and non-negotiable money moves
- Why having a side hustle in this “gig economy” might already be the new normal
- How to market research the skills you could already be getting paid for on the side
- Getting comfortable promoting your business/side projects
- Why moving at your own pace in your career and personal life is more important than rushing to the finish
line KeyTakeaway: Determine the direction you want to take your career and personal life and be very intentional about your choices and where you put your energy. Take control of your decisions and go in a direction that makes sense for YOU
This Week’s Sponsors
- Jobscan – Go to Jobscan.co and use promo code “paychecks” to get 10% off Jobscan Premium. Jobscan was created to alleviate job seeker’s frustration. Founder, James Hu, found that the powerful portals companies were using for hiring were simply parsing, ranking, and filtering resumes with an algorithm based on keywords. Jobscan was built from scratch to carefully tailor your resume for each application in order to be noticed. Jobscan Premium gives job seekers unlimited resume scans and access to exclusive tools like LinkedIn Optimization, Cover letter optimization, and resume format checks.
- Blinkist – For a limited
timeBlinkist.com/Paychecks has a special offer just for the P&B audience! Blinkist is made of busy people like you, who want to get the main points without reading the entire book. With an audio feature, Blinkist makes it easy to finish 4 books a day while you are on the go. Visit Blinkist.com/Paychecks start your free 7 day trial!
Our Favorite Tools
- Available exclusively to our email subscribers, see why 15-minutes can change the next 15 years with our free 15 Minute Paychecks & Balances Money Plan: Your Guide to Financial Freedom.
- Struggling to save money? Sign-up for Digit today at paybal.co/digit to automate your way to saving hundreds or more!
- Digit analyzes your spending and automatically saves the perfect amount every day, so you don’t have to think about it. Read why Rich loves this tool and how much it’s already saved him here.
- We’ve tried a lot of email subscriber services. ConvertKit is, by far, the easiest and best platform we’ve used.
- Need to collect money or invoice clients? We love Square.
- Marcus joins Your Money Your Wealth to talk 4 Simple Ways to Keep Your New Year’s Resolutions
- Forbes: Give Yourself The Gift Of A $0 Credit Card Balance in 2019 ft. Paychecks & Balances
- Visit our *updated* PATREON page! We’re raising funds to grow the show so we can create more great content that helps you get ahead professionally and financially. New exclusive course and behind-the-scenes content coming in 2019!
Support Paychecks & Balances
- Need personal finance or career presentations tailored to your next seminar or conference? Contact us here!
- Visit PaychecksAndBalances.com/GBR to read Marcus latest GoBankingRates “Smart Money Squad” articles.
- Our Debt Free page has continuously updated tools and resources and
Marcus’ Debt Free or Die Trying series is available on Amazon.com.
- LIKE us on Facebook.com/PaychecksandBalances or FOLLOW us on Twitter @PayBalances and Instagram!
Get Our Newsletter!
Join our free email community to get our newsletter with actionable tips and interesting reads to help you navigate your finances and career.