Rich and Marcus take a quick pause for the cause to highlight our favorite moments from 2018 and the top three downloaded episodes in our final episode of 2018 before welcoming a great guest. We look forward to expanding and continuing to bring great content to the people in 2019. Join the newsletter to keep up with our latest money and career moves!
In today’s episode, you’ll hear Bola Sokunbi’s journey from $0 to $100,000 in just three years. Bola is the founder of Clever Girl Finance, a financial education platform aimed at providing women with financial guidance that inspires them to pursue and achieve their dreams of financial independence. Bola also has the claim to fame of saving 100,000 on a $54,000 annual salary. You’ll hear Bola’s story and learn why her family’s background motivated her to make the most of her college education and not take for granted any of the opportunities her hardworking mother provided for her.
- People often criticize others for the way they were brought up. This diminishes the journey one takes to get where they are today.
- Don’t take for granted the sacrifices your family makes for you.
- The benefits of living lean and saving half of each paycheck.
- The importance of earning extra money through side hustles and passive income streams.
- A cautionary tale of predatory credit card lending practices towards young creditors.
- Why Bola is focused on teaching young women to pursue financial independence.
Key Takeaway: Embrace and appreciate the wins of others, don’t glorify one’s struggle as being worth more or worth less. It doesn’t matter where you’ve been or how you got there, focus on where you’re going today and tomorrow.
Find Bola Around the Web:
- Website: clevergirlfinance.com
- Facebook: clevergirlfinance
- Instagram: clevergirlfinance
- YouTube: clevergirlfinance
Our Favorite Personal Finance Tools
- We created a free guide, The 15 Minute Paychecks & Balances Money Plan: Your Guide to Financial Freedom, exclusively for our email subscribers. Sign-up today and see why just 15-minutes can change the next 15 years of your life.
- Struggle saving money? Sign-up for Digit today!
- Digit analyzes your spending and automatically saves the perfect amount every day, so you don’t have to think about it. Read more on why we like this great tool.
- Need to collect money or invoice clients? Sign-up with Square!
- Marcus Debt Free or Die Trying book series is available on Amazon.com.
- Check out our RockStarFinance Feature: Has the FIRE Movement Burned Out?
- Forbes: Give Yourself The Gift Of A $0 Credit Card Balance ft. Paychecks & Balances
- GoBankingRates: Marcus’ Latest – I Found My Magic Number for Retirement — And You Can, Too
- Visit our *updated* PATREON page for more info! We revamped the page to include a new tier system and even more exclusive information for subscribers. We’re raising funds to grow the show so we can create more great content that helps you get ahead professionally and financially.
Support Paychecks & Balances
- Use PaychecksAndBalances.com/GBR to read all of Marcus GoBankingRates “Smart Money Squad” articles.
- Visit our Debt Free page for more info on available tools and resources. Want us to design a personal finance or career seminar tailored to your group? Contact us!
- LIKE us on Facebook.com/PaychecksandBalances or follow us on Twitter @PayBalances @IamRichJones @THEMarcusGarret and Instagram
Get Our Free Guide
Get our FREE 15-Minute Money Plan today! We will use this to send you emails about our products and special offers. You'll also receive actionable work and money tips and interesting reads that'll keep you professionally and financially woke.