Leigh Phillips joins us on the podcast. She is from EARN.org. EARN is a national, award-winning nonprofit. They work at the intersection of financial technology and economic inclusion to empower low-income Americans to take charge of their financial lives. In this episode, you’ll hear Leigh explain how EARN can help you get your finances in order and how you can win thousands in prizes and get paid to save their SaverLife app.
- The #WhatImSavingFor contests are open! Visit SaverLife.org/Pledge and SaverLife.org/Contest for a chance to win $1,000.
- One in four Americans can’t afford an unexpected $400 expense without going into debt.
- Feeling in control of your money for your household.
- The benefits of automatic transfers to savings accounts.
- The power of building an emergency fund.
- Accomplishing savings goals to build personal confidence.
- Money problems for people of different income levels.
- How to manage variable and inconsistent income and expenses.
Key Takeaways: Start with a small savings goals to build personal confidence. Take advantage of automatic transfers from your checking account to your savings account, and build that emergency fund!
Our Favorite Personal Finance Tools
- We created a free guide, The 15 Minute Paychecks & Balances Money Plan: Your Guide to Financial Freedom, exclusively for our email subscribers. Sign-up today and see why just 15-minutes can change the next 15 years of your life.
- Struggle saving money? Sign-up for Digit today!
- Digit analyzes your spending and automatically saves the perfect amount every day, so you don’t have to think about it. Read more on why we like this great tool.
- Need to collect money or invoice clients? Sign-up with Square!
- Marcus Debt Free or Die Trying book series is available on Amazon.com.
- Check out our RockStarFinance Feature: Has the FIRE Movement Burned Out?
- Forbes: Give Yourself The Gift Of A $0 Credit Card Balance ft. Paychecks & Balances
- GoBankingRates: Marcus’ Latest – I Found My Magic Number for Retirement — And You Can, Too
- Visit our *updated* PATREON page for more info! We revamped the page to include a new tier system and even more exclusive information for subscribers. We’re raising funds to grow the show so we can create more great content that helps you get ahead professionally and financially.
Support Paychecks & Balances
- Use PaychecksAndBalances.com/GBR to read all of Marcus GoBankingRates “Smart Money Squad” articles.
- Visit our Debt Free page for more info on available tools and resources. Want us to design a personal finance or career seminar tailored to your group? Contact us!
- LIKE us on Facebook.com/PaychecksandBalances or follow us on Twitter @PayBalances @IamRichJones @THEMarcusGarret and Instagram
Get Our Money Plan
Get our FREE 15-Minute Money Plan today! You'll also receive actionable work and money tips and interesting reads that'll keep you professionally and financially woke.