Setting your kids up for financial success is the goal of every parent. In order to do this, you need a strategy and you have to start early. Tanya Van Court is the founder of Goalsetter, the best platform for helping kids and families save money for things that are important to them. Before launching Goalsetter, Tanya spent years in Corporate America launching products for ESPN, Nickelodeon, and Discovery Education. She’s been recognized by numerous publications and has reached thousands of parents and kids across the country. In this episode, you’ll hear Tanya’s story and gain some insight on how to climb the corporate ladder, how to launch a business and how to educate and impact your child’s life through saving, investing, and teaching them financial literacy from a young age.
- Why kids who learn to save when they’re young are six times more likely to go to college and four times more liekly to own stocks as adults.
- The need to stress education to your family members.
- Corporate American as a great training facility for inspiring entrepreneurs.
- The connections you make in Corporate America lead to connections in your personal business and the importance of “Hallway Reputations.”
- Networking at work events, interacting with executives and leaders.
- Finding the right mentor who can help boost your career.
- Taking less pay for potential future gain and diversifying your investments for long-term gains.
- Selling your personal brand: If you build it they will come.
Key Takeaway: Seek out mentors, build your personal brand, and network with the people in your company that matter.
Find Tanya Van Court Around the Web:
Our Favorite Personal Finance Tools
- We created a free guide, The 15 Minute Paychecks & Balances Money Plan: Your Guide to Financial Freedom, exclusively for our email subscribers. Sign-up today and see why just 15-minutes can change the next 15 years of your life.
- Struggle saving money? Sign-up for Digit today!
- Digit analyzes your spending and automatically saves the perfect amount every day, so you don’t have to think about it. Read more on why we like this great tool.
- Need to collect money or invoice clients? Sign-up with Square!
- Marcus Debt Free or Die Trying book series is available on Amazon.com.
- Visit our *updated* PATREON page for more info! We revamped the page to include a new tier system and even more exclusive information for subscribers. We’re raising funds to grow the show so we can create more great content that helps you get ahead professionally and financially.
Support Paychecks & Balances
- Use PaychecksAndBalances.com/GBR to read all of Marcus GoBankingRates “Smart Money Squad” articles.
- Visit our Debt Free page for more info on available tools and resources. Want us to design a personal finance or career seminar tailored to your group? Contact us!
- LIKE us on Facebook.com/PaychecksandBalances or follow us on Twitter @PayBalances @IamRichJones @THEMarcusGarret and Instagram
Get Our Newsletter!
Join our free email community to get our newsletter with actionable tips and interesting reads to help you navigate your finances and career.