Rianka Dorsainvil is the founder and CEO of “Your Greatest Contribution” or YGC. Rianka is a Certified Financial Planner who has works with multi-generational high earners and low-income families. Rianka created YGC after realizing her mission didn’t align with the different financial firms she worked for in Corporate America. In this episode, you’ll learn what to do before quitting your job to pursue entrepreneurship and self-employment, why avoiding “lifestyle creep” is the key to financial independence, and why the YNAB (You Need a Budget) app may be better for tracking your budget than Mint. Lastly, Rianka shares how she is using her podcast to bridge the diversity and gender gap in the world of finance.
- The rewards and challenges that come with being the first college graduate in your family.
- Personal Finance 101.
- How Rianka dedicated her career to helping her sick grandmother.
- Getting debilitating migraines on your way to work, at a job you hate isn’t worth it and how she got the courage to work for herself.
- Truly loving what you do, gives you the tenacity to not give up when you’re struggling to grow your business.
- Cutting back your lifestyle and saving money before you leave your 9-5 job to pursue entrepreneurship.
- As soon as you become laser-focused on your small business, things start happing for you.
- The importance of avoiding “lifestyle creep” in your pursuit of financial independence.
- Joining the Freelancers Union to get health and disability benefits while self-employed.
- Bridging the race and gender gap in the finance world.
- Why Millennials are still on the road to becoming the next target demographic: HENRYs.
Paychecks & Balances listener bonus! Get your free download 10 Steps Before You Take the Entrepreneurial Leap at paybal.co/TenSteps
Key Takeaway: Working with a financial planner shouldn’t be dictated by how much money you have, but rather by a desire and motivation to want to live a more fruitful life.
Follow Rianka Dorsainvil Around the Web:
References Mentioned on this Show
- Investopedia: High Earners, Not Rich Yet – HENRYs
- You Need a Budget (YNAB) – Stop living paycheck to paycheck, get out of debt, and save more money.
Our Favorite Personal Finance Tools
- We created a free guide, The 15 Minute Paychecks & Balances Money Plan: Your Guide to Financial Freedom, exclusively for our email subscribers. Sign-up today and see why just 15-minutes can change the next 15 years of your life.
- Struggle saving money? Sign-up for Digit today!
- Digit analyzes your spending and automatically saves the perfect amount every day, so you don’t have to think about it. Read more on why we like this great tool.
- Need to collect money or invoice clients? Sign-up with Square!
- Marcus Debt Free or Die Trying book series is available on Amazon.com.
- New Content Alert: THE PAYCHECKS & BALANCES BLOG IS BACK!
- Visit our *updated* PATREON page for more info! We revamped the page to include a new tier system and even more exclusive information for subscribers. We’re raising funds to grow the show so we can create more great content that helps you get ahead professionally and financially.
Support Paychecks & Balances
- Use PaychecksAndBalances.com/GBR to read all of Marcus GoBankingRates “Smart Money Squad” articles.
- Visit our Debt Free page for more info on available tools and resources. Want us to design a personal finance or career seminar tailored to your group? Contact us!
- LIKE us on Facebook.com/PaychecksandBalances or follow us on Twitter @PayBalances @IamRichJones @THEMarcusGarret and Instagram
Get Our Free Guide
Get our FREE 15-Minute Money Plan today! We will use this to send you emails about our products and special offers. You'll also receive actionable work and money tips and interesting reads that'll keep you professionally and financially woke.