Today, we welcome Michelle Jackson to the show! She is the founder of Michelle is Money Hungry, a holistic financial/entrepreneurial and wellness resource, focused on empowering women with financial tips and tricks. Michelle runs a popular blog and is also the host of the podcast “Michelle Is Money Hungry.” She offers a course on eBook creation explaining how she makes $1,000s a month in passive income, hosts an in-person retreat “Money on the Mountain,” and is the host of a second podcast about her love for Colorado called, “Square State: A Blog All About Colorado.”
In this episode, you’ll hear Michelle talk about her journey towards financial independence, how you can expand your network, and how to start your own business TODAY!
- Empowering women with money and entrepreneurship
- FIRE: Financial Independence Retire Early
- Why Michelle decided to quit her job
- “You are not defined by your work”
- Leveraging the internet to make money
- The money trap of shopping at Target
- Meet people in your areas of interest! Those contacts will get you jobs
- Hanging with people who make more money than you
- Fail fast and hard! Perfectionism is a waste of time
- Listen to what your audience wants
Follow Michelle Jackson
- Website: https://michelleismoneyhungry.com
- Pinterest: pinterest.com/MichelleIsMoneyHungry
- Facebook: facebook.com/MichLovesMoney
- Instagram: instagram.com/michelleismoneyhungry
- Twitter: twitter.com/MichLovesMoney
- Podcast: https://michelleismoneyhungry.com/podcast-2
This Week’s Sponsors
- The College Investor – provides a breakdown of their favorite high yield savings accounts, as well as provides a list of the best savings accounts every day, and updated daily. Make sure you check the table to get the best rates by visiting the College Investor today!
- University of California Irvine – If you are trying to start a new career, advance your career or better develop an appreciation of the world around you, UCI Division of Continuing Education has the resources needed to support your undertakings. There are certificate programs and specialized studies programs available making it easy to advance your career in as little as 6 months. For 15-percent off, visit ce.uci.edu/PaychecksBalances enter promo code “paychecks” at checkout.
Our Favorite Tools
Available exclusively to our email subscribers, see why 15-minutes can change the next 15 years with our free 15 Minute Paychecks & Balances Money Plan: Your Guide to Financial Freedom.
Raise Your Credit Score!
- D.E.B.T. Free: A 4-Week Starter Kit – Get Paychecks & Balances, LLC. signature course today! Based on our popular book, Debt Free or Die Trying: How I Buried Myself in $30,000 in Debt and Dug My Way Out, this actionable 4-step program helps you create a debt free plan you’ll actually follow.
- SoFi – offers a full range of financial services, from personal loans to refinancing to investing. Marcus has used SoFi twice and has nothing but good things to say about their easy to use services. Use our referral link and get $100 when your loan is funded.
Break the Paycheck-to-Paycheck Cycle
- Digit – Struggling to save money? Sign-up for Digit at paybal.co/digit to automate your way to saving hundreds or more! Digit analyzes your spending and automatically saves the perfect amount every day. Read why Rich loves Digit and how much it’s already saved him.
- Tiller – The only spreadsheet templates powered by an automatic feed of your finances directly into Google Sheets and Excel. Easily budget, track expenses. Get started here!
- Freshly – Behind only housing (33%) and transportation (16%), food-related expenses (13%) is the largest expense category for the average household. Freshly delivers chef cooked, healthy, wallet-friendly meals that fit any budget. Use our referral link to take 2-weeks off from cooking with $20 off your first two orders.
Increase Your Income Streams
- Trade Your 9 to 5 with Investing Made Easy – Tela Holcomb, shows you How to Trade Your Way to Financial Freedom and Build a Legacy of Wealth – All Without Working 40+ Hours a Week in her course bundle. Learn how she does it here.
- Start Your Amazon Side Hustle – The result of Sandy of YesIamCheap.com nearly two decades of experience is a 5 module course that is designed to get you up and running and selling on Amazon. Modules include videos, ebooks, checklists, live video classes, templates and Periscope videos designed to help you get online and profitable, fast. I teach you how to put everything together so that you can begin earning side money from your first month in business.
- Learn more about Marcus Garrett’s Debt Free or Die Trying series.
- LIKE us on Facebook.com/PaychecksandBalances or FOLLOW us on Twitter @PayBalances and Instagram!
Get Our Money Plan
Get our FREE 15-Minute Money Plan today! You'll also receive actionable work and money tips and interesting reads that'll keep you professionally and financially woke.