Rich and Marcus are back with another freestyle episode. Today they’re doing a mid-year check-in and breaking down how they’re feeling mentally and emotionally in 2019 having both begun meeting with a therapist (Rich for 2 years; and Marcus for 2 months). They also touch on some new career and entrepreneurial changes that have been prominent in their lives.
- How to use anxiety, within moderation, to help you accomplish your goals
- Taking time to be proud of your accomplishments
- The risk of getting lost in expectation gaps caused by comparing yourself to others
- Journaling as part of your mental health and #SelfCare routine
- Taking a little extra time to figure things out when you get a new job
- How creating a user guide can help co-workers and teams understand you and work better together
- Why it’s difficult to enjoy the journey AND the destination, and what you can do about it
- It’s not about hitting all your goals its about having goals to hit
Key Takeaway: Your mental state has everything to do with dominating your career and building solid relationships with friends and family.
This Week’s Sponsor
- Gusto – Gusto offers modern, easy payroll benefits to small businesses across the country — they were even named best online payroll by PCMag. And as a listener, you’ll get three months free when you run your first payroll at Gusto.com/paychecks.
- University of California Irvine – If you are trying to start a new career, advance your career or better develop an appreciation of the world around you, UCI Division of Continuing Education has the resources needed to support your undertakings. There are certificate programs and specialized studies programs available making it easy to advance your career in as little as 6 months. For 15-percent off, visit ce.uci.edu/PaychecksBalances
Mentioned on This Week’s Show
- Quartz: Completing this 30-minute exercise makes teams less anxious and more productive
- Men Have No Friends and Women Bear the Burden
- Maybe You Should Talk to Someone: A Therapist, HER Therapist, and Our Lives Revealed
Our Favorite Tools This Week
Available exclusively to our email subscribers, see why 15-minutes can change the next 15 years with our free 15 Minute Paychecks & Balances Money Plan: Your Guide to Financial Freedom.
- D.E.B.T. Free: A 4-Week Starter Kit – Get Paychecks & Balances, LLC. signature course today! Based on our popular book, Debt Free or Die Trying: How I Buried Myself in $30,000 in Debt and Dug My Way Out, this actionable 4-step program helps you create a debt free plan you’ll actually follow.
- SoFi – offers a full range of financial services, from personal loans to refinancing to investing. Marcus has used SoFi twice and has nothing but good things to say about their easy to use services. Use our referral link and get $100 when your loan is funded.
Break the Paycheck-to-Paycheck Cycle
- Digit – Struggling to save money? Sign-up for Digit at paybal.co/digit to automate your way to saving hundreds or more! Digit analyzes your spending and automatically saves the perfect amount every day. Read why Rich loves Digit and how much it’s already saved him.
- Tiller – The only spreadsheet templates powered by an automatic feed of your finances directly into Google Sheets and Excel. Easily budget, track expenses. Get started here!
- Freshly – Behind only housing (33%) and transportation (16%), food-related expenses (13%) is the largest expense category for the average household. Freshly delivers chef cooked, healthy, wallet-friendly meals that fit any budget. Use our referral link to take 2-weeks off from cooking with $20 off your first two orders.
Side Hustles and Passive Income Streams
- How to Start a Blog – Michelle Schroeder-Gardner is the self-made millionaire behind MakingSenseOfCents.com who credits finding her purpose and sharing her story through blog writing for her personal and financial success. With her easy-to-follow course, you can be up and running a blog in less than a day!
- Making Sense of Affiliate Marketing – Over 50-percent of Michelle’s How I Made Over $1,500,000 In 2018 revenue comes directly from successful affiliate marketing.
- Making Sense of Sponsored Posts – You can also quickly learn how she made her first blogging income, and how she now makes $10,000 – $20,000 a month with sponsored partnerships.
- Want personal finance, work and money presentations tailored to your next seminar or conference? Request us here!
- Learn more about Marcus’ continually updated Debt Free or Die Trying series.
- LIKE us on Facebook.com/PaychecksandBalances or FOLLOW us on Twitter @PayBalances and Instagram!
Get Our Free Guide
Get our FREE 15-Minute Money Plan today! We will use this to send you emails about our products and special offers. You'll also receive actionable work and money tips and interesting reads that'll keep you professionally and financially woke.