Rich and Marcus are back with another freestyle episode. Today they’re doing a mid-year check-in and breaking down how they’re feeling mentally and emotionally in 2019 having both begun meeting with a therapist (Rich for 2 years; and Marcus for 2 months). They also touch on some new career and entrepreneurial changes that have been prominent in their lives.
- How to use anxiety, within moderation, to help you accomplish your goals
- Taking time to be proud of your accomplishments
- The risk of getting lost in expectation gaps caused by comparing yourself to others
- Journaling as part of your mental health and #SelfCare routine
- Taking a little extra time to figure things out when you get a new job
- How creating a user guide can help co-workers and teams understand you and work better together
- Why it’s difficult to enjoy the journey AND the destination, and what you can do about it
- It’s not about hitting all your goals its about having goals to hit
Key Takeaway: Your mental state has everything to do with dominating your career and building solid relationships with friends and family.
This Week’s Sponsor
- Gusto – Gusto offers modern, easy payroll benefits to small businesses across the country — they were even named best online payroll by PCMag. And as a listener, you’ll get three months free when you run your first payroll at Gusto.com/paychecks.
- University of California Irvine – If you are trying to start a new career, advance your career or better develop an appreciation of the world around you, UCI Division of Continuing Education has the resources needed to support your undertakings. There are certificate programs and specialized studies programs available making it easy to advance your career in as little as 6 months. For 15-percent off, visit ce.uci.edu/PaychecksBalances
Mentioned on This Week’s Show
- Quartz: Completing this 30-minute exercise makes teams less anxious and more productive
- Men Have No Friends and Women Bear the Burden
- Maybe You Should Talk to Someone: A Therapist, HER Therapist, and Our Lives Revealed
Get Our Newsletter!
Join our free email community to get our newsletter with actionable tips and interesting reads to help you navigate your finances and career.