We’re joined this week by guest Lynnette Khalfani-Cox aka “The Money Coach.” Lynette is a personal finance expert, television and radio personality, and the author of numerous books, including the New York Times bestseller Zero Debt: The Ultimate Guide to Financial Freedom. Lynnette, an award-winning financial news journalist and former Wall Street Journal reporter for CNBC, has been featured in top newspapers including the Washington Post, USA Today, and the New York Times, as well as magazines ranging from Essence to Black Enterprise.
Her story: Lynnette had $100,000 in credit card debt before paying it all off in three years and turning her financial life around! She has appeared on national TV programs like The Oprah Winfrey Show, Steve Harvey, and Good Morning America teaching millions about responsible money management, and she is frequently seen as a guest commentator on CNN, FOX Business Network, and MSNBC. On another entertaining show Lynette opens up about:
- The entrepreneurial mindset her father instilled in her growing up and how it shaped her views on work and money management as an adult
- How her earliest money memory — seeing her parents argue about money — changed her approach to money, finding and pursuing your passions
- Why you “shouldn’t quit your day job” when transitioning into entrepreneurship, since your weaknesses as an employee are “amplified as an entrepreneur”
- Strategies you can use at your 9-to-5, aka Entrepreneur Boot Camp, to set yourself up for success in self-employment
- Tips for couples to consider when one or both are considering independent employment
References Mentioned in This Show
We’re giving away a $100 gift card! Check out PaychecksAndBalances.com/FirstTime for instructions on how to enter to win.
Looking for more free career development and debt freedom tips? Join our email list at PaychecksandBalances.com/email for exclusive content including show updates, digital giveaways, and more. We don’t spam. We just keeps it real. Yes, keeps.
Check out our PATREON page! We’re raising funds to grow the show so we can create more great content that helps you get ahead professionally and financially.
Read Marcus’ book, Debt Free Or Die Trying: How He Buried and Dug His Way Out Of Over $30,000 in debt by age 30 on Amazon!
Get Our Newsletter!
Join our free email community to get our newsletter with actionable tips and interesting reads to help you navigate your finances and career.