Ken Carfagno of Carfagno Cleaning Inc. is on the podcast today. Ken and Rich met at Podcast Movement 2019 and after hearing Ken’s story, Rich asked him to be on the show. Ken is a cleaning specialist with over 14 years of experience. Carfagno Cleaning serves houses & professional office buildings. Ken’s wife Teresa founded the company, and after Ken got fired from his engineer job at General Electric, he began helping his wife clean.
Ken currently cleans the offices for Gehman Design Remodeling, EJS Medical Billing, and the Pennridge Animal Hospital in Pennsylvania. He also coaches cleaning owners nationally through the SMART Cleaning Biz platform. Ken’s regarded nationally as a cleaning industry leader through the coaching he offers to other cleaning service owners.
Ken’s journey to cleaning success was a 10-year struggle that started with him being fired from General Electric and having to climb out of six figures worth of debt. In this episode, you’ll hear Ken’s story and learn why you need to be grateful for the job that you have and give it 100% every day even when you’re focusing on your side hustle.
- Management training at GE
- MLM – Multi-Level Marketing as a side hustle
- Sacrificing a family and personal life for corporate success
- Short term thinking vs. long term thinking on the job – The Ripple Effect
- Being approached by HR and a security guard when being fired
- The importance of keeping track of all your finances in business and your personal life
- Being harassed by debt collection companies
- “Planting positive seeds”
The Takeaway: If you’re in a job you don’t like, it’s still a gift. Don’t take it for granted and sow bad seeds into the ground. Bad seeds don’t bear good fruit.
Follow Ken Carfagno:
- Podcast: Solo Cleaning School (on iTunes, and Stitcher as of Thursday)
- Website: www.smartcleaningbiz.com
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/kencarfagno
This Week’s Sponsors
- The College Investor – provides a breakdown of their favorite high yield savings accounts, as well as provides a list of the best savings accounts every day, and updated daily. Make sure you check the table to get the best rates by visiting the College Investor today!
- University of California Irvine – If you are trying to start a new career, advance your career or better develop an appreciation of the world around you, UCI Division of Continuing Education has the resources needed to support your undertakings. There are certificate programs and specialized studies programs available making it easy to advance your career in as little as 6 months. For 15-percent off, visit ce.uci.edu/PaychecksBalances
Our Favorite Tools
Available exclusively to our email subscribers, see why 15-minutes can change the next 15 years with our free 15 Minute Paychecks & Balances Money Plan: Your Guide to Financial Freedom.
Raise Your Credit Score!
- D.E.B.T. Free: A 4-Week Starter Kit – Get Paychecks & Balances, LLC. signature course today! Based on our popular book, Debt Free or Die Trying: How I Buried Myself in $30,000 in Debt and Dug My Way Out, this actionable 4-step program helps you create a debt free plan you’ll actually follow.
- SoFi – offers a full range of financial services, from personal loans to refinancing to investing. Marcus has used SoFi twice and has nothing but good things to say about their easy to use services. Use our referral link and get $100 when your loan is funded.
Break the Paycheck-to-Paycheck Cycle
- Digit – Struggling to save money? Sign-up for Digit at paybal.co/digit to automate your way to saving hundreds or more! Digit analyzes your spending and automatically saves the perfect amount every day. Read why Rich loves Digit and how much it’s already saved him.
- Tiller – The only spreadsheet templates powered by an automatic feed of your finances directly into Google Sheets and Excel. Easily budget, track expenses. Get started here!
- Freshly – Behind only housing (33%) and transportation (16%), food-related expenses (13%) is the largest expense category for the average household. Freshly delivers chef cooked, healthy, wallet-friendly meals that fit any budget. Use our referral link to take 2-weeks off from cooking with $20 off your first two orders.
Increase Your Income Streams
- Investing Made Easy with Trade Your 9 to 5 – Former guest, Tela Holcomb, shows you How to Trade Your Way to Financial Freedom and Build a Legacy of Wealth – All Without Working 40+ Hours a Week in her course bundle. Learn more here.
- Start Your Amazon Side Hustle – The result of Sandy of YesIamCheap.com nearly two decades of experience is a 5 module course that is designed to get you up and running and selling on Amazon. Modules include videos, ebooks, checklists, live video classes, templates and Periscope videos designed to help you get online and profitable, fast. I teach you how to put everything together so that you can begin earning side money from your first month in business.
- Learn more about Marcus Garrett’s Debt Free or Die Trying series.
- LIKE us on Facebook.com/PaychecksandBalances or FOLLOW us on Twitter @PayBalances and Instagram!
Get Our Newsletter!
Join our free email community to get our newsletter with actionable tips and interesting reads to help you navigate your finances and career.