CEO of Bridge Tech Enterprises, Kassandra Dasent is on the show today. Kassandra is a member of Gen X, a financial expert, a singer-songwriter, caregiver and project management guru. Her money story started at a young age in Trinidad, where she grew up being raised by a single mother who knew how to stretch a dollar during hard times. Her mom was a side hustler before it was popular and it was her mother’s work ethic that taught Kassandra the value of money and hard work. Her mother and she eventually immigrated to Montreal, Canada and some years later in early 2009, Kassandra found herself in 55k of consumer debt. She was ashamed and embarrassed because of the strong money lessons she learned from her mother while growing up in Trinidad.
After that, Kassandra began educating herself financially and started slowly changing her lifestyle to pay off her debt. Meanwhile, she was hustling in her project management career, snatching up every raise and promotion that she could get. In 2012 she became debt-free! Now as a financial wellness engineer and speaker, Kassandra teaches others how to take control of their finances through a concept of “holistic wealth” with an emphasis on building and maintaining what she refers to as The Four Pillars of Wealth (Mental – Spiritual – Physical – Financial). In addition to speaking and teaching about wealth, Kassandra used her 15 + year career background in project management to build “Bridge Tech Enterprises”, a firm that provides companies with project management expertise.
In today’s episode you’ll learn about how Kassandra’s background set the stage for her life as an entrepreneur, the idea of values-based living, the keys to upward mobility at your job, getting your finances in order for the later stages of life where you might have to take care of family members and much more.
- The Project Management approach to life – identifying what you can realistically take on
- The importance of sleep
- Time management
- The process of paying off 55k worth of consumer debt
- Being mindful of your decisions – practicing self-awareness is the only way to change your bad habits
- Going above and beyond at work and using a system to track your results
- As an entrepreneur, striving to employ and empower people in your community
- Getting your finances in order to take care of your parents or family members as they age
- Are you happy? – What baby steps can you take today to change your situation
Key Takeaway: The role of mindset in improving your finances and career is paramount for success.
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/kassandradasent/
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/kassandradasent/
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/MindingYourMoneyKD/
This Week’s Sponsor
- Gusto – offers modern, easy payroll benefits to small businesses across the country — they were even named best online payroll by PCMag. And as a listener, you’ll get three months free when you run your first payroll at Gusto.com/paychecks.
- University of California Irvine – If you are trying to advance your career, UCI Division of Continuing Education has the resources needed to support you. There are certificate programs and specialized studies available to make it easy to advance in as little as 6 months. For 15-percent off, click here and enter promo code “paychecks” at checkout.
Our Favorite Tools
Available exclusively to our email subscribers, see why 15-minutes can change the next 15 years with our free 15 Minute Paychecks & Balances Money Plan: Your Guide to Financial Freedom.
Raise Your Credit Score!
- D.E.B.T. Free: A 4-Week Starter Kit – Get Paychecks & Balances, LLC. signature course today! Based on our popular book, Debt Free or Die Trying: How I Buried Myself in $30,000 in Debt and Dug My Way Out, this actionable 4-step program helps you create a debt free plan you’ll actually follow.
- SoFi – offers a full range of financial services, from personal loans to refinancing to investing. Marcus has used SoFi twice and has nothing but good things to say about their easy to use services. Use our referral link and get $100 when your loan is funded.
Break the Paycheck-to-Paycheck Cycle
- Digit – Struggling to save money? Sign-up for Digit at paybal.co/digit to automate your way to saving hundreds or more! Digit analyzes your spending and automatically saves the perfect amount every day. Read why Rich loves Digit and how much it’s already saved him.
- Tiller – The only spreadsheet templates powered by an automatic feed of your finances directly into Google Sheets and Excel. Easily budget, track expenses. Get started here!
- Freshly – Behind only housing (33%) and transportation (16%), food-related expenses (13%) is the largest expense category for the average household. Freshly delivers chef cooked, healthy, wallet-friendly meals that fit any budget. Use our referral link to take 2-weeks off from cooking with $20 off your first two orders.
Increase Your Income Streams
- Trade Your 9 to 5 with Investing Made Easy – Tela Holcomb, shows you How to Trade Your Way to Financial Freedom and Build a Legacy of Wealth – All Without Working 40+ Hours a Week in her course bundle. Learn how she does it here.
- Start Your Amazon Side Hustle – The result of Sandy of YesIamCheap.com nearly two decades of experience is a 5 module course that is designed to get you up and running and selling on Amazon. Modules include videos, ebooks, checklists, live video classes, templates and Periscope videos designed to help you get online and profitable, fast. I teach you how to put everything together so that you can begin earning side money from your first month in business.
- Visit TheMarcusGarrett.com to get your FREE chapter from the upcoming Second Edition of Debt Free or Die Trying. Official release date coming soon!
- LIKE us on Facebook.com/PaychecksandBalances or FOLLOW us @PayBalances and Instagram.
Get Our Newsletter!
Join our free email community to get our newsletter with actionable tips and interesting reads to help you navigate your finances and career.