We welcome the host of “How to be Awesome at Your Job,” Pete Mockaitis. Each week, Pete grills thought-leaders and result-getters to discover specific, actionable insights that boost work performance.
He runs an Enhanced Thinking & Collaboration (ETC) Training Program, which aims to improve businesses, foster collaboration and reduce wasted time. He’s provided 1-on-1 coaching to 700+ professionals from elite organizations such as Google, the UN, Amazon, Goldman Sachs, FedEx, McKinsey, Apple and more, across 50 countries and all Ivy League schools.
You’ll hear Pete talk about consulting, starting his own business, and how to channel deep focus for difficult tasks.
- What is attractive about consulting? What are the challenges of consulting?
- Pete’s love for transforming people and making a move towards entrepreneurship
- Questions to ask yourself: What is my offering? Who are my customers? How do I acquire my audience?
- Why he saved 400 days’ worth before quitting to start his own business
- Happiness is the key to being awesome at your job
- The importance of scheduling uninterrupted-deep-work time
- Stay in touch with your network (“Build the well before you’re thirsty.”)
- Syncing up with your manager
Key Takeaway: When you’re trying to achieve your dreams, you must set yourself up for success. Define what success looks like, have substantial savings to float you for a time and create a strategy for your potential customers.
This Week’s Sponsors
- Away started with the perfect suitcase crafted with features that make travel more seamless. They offer a range of essentials that solve real travel problems so all you have to think about is where you’re getting Away. For $20 off a suitcase, visit awaytravel.com/PAYCHECKS and use promo code PAYCHECKS.
- University of California Irvine – If you are trying to advance your career, UCI Division of Continuing Education has the resources needed to support you. There are certificate programs and specialized studies available to make it easy to advance in as little as 6 months. For 15-percent off, visit ce.uci.edu/PaychecksBalances and enter promo code “paychecks” at checkout.
Our Favorite Tools
Available exclusively to our email subscribers, see why 15-minutes can change the next 15 years with our free 15 Minute Paychecks & Balances Money Plan: Your Guide to Financial Freedom.
Raise Your Credit Score!
- D.E.B.T. Free: A 4-Week Starter Kit – Get Paychecks & Balances, LLC. signature course today! Based on our popular book, Debt Free or Die Trying: How I Buried Myself in $30,000 in Debt and Dug My Way Out, this actionable 4-step program helps you create a debt free plan you’ll actually follow.
- SoFi – offers a full range of financial services, from personal loans to refinancing to investing. Marcus has used SoFi twice and has nothing but good things to say about their easy to use services. Use our referral link and get $100 when your loan is funded.
Break the Paycheck-to-Paycheck Cycle
- Digit – Struggling to save money? Sign-up for Digit at paybal.co/digit to automate your way to saving hundreds or more! Digit analyzes your spending and automatically saves the perfect amount every day. Read why Rich loves Digit and how much it’s already saved him.
- Tiller – The only spreadsheet templates powered by an automatic feed of your finances directly into Google Sheets and Excel. Easily budget, track expenses. Get started here!
- Freshly – Behind only housing (33%) and transportation (16%), food-related expenses (13%) is the largest expense category for the average household. Freshly delivers chef cooked, healthy, wallet-friendly meals that fit any budget. Use our referral link to take 2-weeks off from cooking with $20 off your first two orders.
Increase Your Income Streams
- Trade Your 9 to 5 with Investing Made Easy – Tela Holcomb, shows you How to Trade Your Way to Financial Freedom and Build a Legacy of Wealth – All Without Working 40+ Hours a Week in her course bundle. Learn how she does it here.
- Start Your Amazon Side Hustle – The result of Sandy of YesIamCheap.com nearly two decades of experience is a 5 module course that is designed to get you up and running and selling on Amazon. Modules include videos, ebooks, checklists, live video classes, templates and Periscope videos designed to help you get online and profitable, fast. I teach you how to put everything together so that you can begin earning side money from your first month in business.
- TheMarcusGarrett.com and the Second Edition of Debt Free or Die Trying coming this 2020!
- LIKE us on Facebook.com/PaychecksandBalances or FOLLOW us on Twitter @PayBalances and Instagram!
Get Our Free Guide
Get our FREE Paychecks & Balances 15-Minute Money Plan today! We will also send you info about our products, special offers, and money tips and reads to keep you sharp. Your guide to financial freedom is an email away.