We re-re-visit our fastest downloaded episode ever, PB47: Barely Making It on $500,000! The Financial Samurai joins us for this episode to discuss his popular blog post about a couple struggling in a big city on yes, $500,000. The Financial Samurai (Sam Dogen) got his MBA from Cal and spent over 10 years working in the financial services industry. After 13 years of working in Corporate America and living the “American Dream,” money ceased to be a major driving factor. Sam wanted to live financially free. He fantasized about what it would be like to write, spend time with family, and travel, with little financial worries. Three years after starting FinancialSamurai.com in 2009 he achieve his goal! ICYMI, some gems from this show include:
[bctt tweet=”If your saving (plan) isn’t painful, you’re not saving enough – @FinancialSamura” username=”PayBalances”]
- The exact moment when Sam finally realized what’s really important in life and why he walked away from the “American Dream” and a six-figure income to find true happiness
- The planning steps and sacrifices he made through savings, smart investing, and passive income that allowed him to leave the rat race
- What he learned from interviews and Q&A after the $500,000 article went viral article
- Paychecks and Balances is traveling to Philly for Podcast Movement 2018 and our first social event: Meetup and Chill with like-minded financial folks. Visit Paybal.co/Philly for more and sign-up to show the crew love!
- Read Marcus’ latest for GBR: How Far a $500,000 Nest Egg Will Last in Your State
- From FinancialSamurai.com
- PB1: The Paycheck Plateau
Thank You for the Support
- Exclusively for our email subscribers, we created a free guide: The 15 Minute Paychecks & Balances Money Plan: Your Guide to Financial Freedom. This tool includes “15-minute” plans for creating a budget, starting your debt freedom plan, and finding your FIRE number. Sign-up to get your guide today and see why just 15-minutes can change the next 15 years of your life. You’ll also get show updates, digital giveaways, and much more. We don’t spam. We just keeps it real. Yes, keeps.
- Marcus joined the GoBankingRates “Smart Money Squad.” Visit PaychecksAndBalances.com/GBR to read all pieces.
- The Debt Free Or Die Trying series chronicles how Marcus paid off $30,000 in debt by age 30, and how to create a debt free plan you’ll actually follow.
- Check out our PATREON page! We’re raising funds to grow the show so we can create more great content that helps you get ahead professionally and financially.
- LIKE us on Facebook.com/PaychecksandBalances or follow us on Twitter @PayBalances @IamRichJones @THEMarcusGarret and Instagram
Get Our Money Plan
Get our FREE 15-Minute Money Plan today! You'll also receive actionable work and money tips and interesting reads that'll keep you professionally and financially woke.