This week we’re joined by Ryan Inman of Physicianwealthservices.com and the Financial Residency podcast. Ryan got even more passionate about the field of personal finance when his wife was in residency and she began to pass along information that she received from “financial advisors” trying to sell her products. He found it alarming how vulnerable she was to bad advice and bad investments. Most doctors aren’t married to a financial planner and they end up getting taken advantage of or making catastrophic financial mistakes. He is now a fee-only advisor focusing on helping physicians and others make sound personal finance decisions through transparency and ensuring he keeps the best interest of his clients at the forefront of his mind. We were happy to catch him at FinCon17 for a live recording covering:
- Term insurance and why investments and insurance should not be mixed or viewed the same, “Investments are investments and insurance is insurance.”
- Who needs insurance and how to determine the type and amount of insurance you or your family need
- Investment Theory and the key differences between active and passive investing
References Mentioned in This Show
- Ryan Inman
- Recommended Life Insurance Calculator
- XY Planning Network: Fee-Only Financial Advisors
Check out our PATREON page! We’re raising funds to grow the show so we can create more great content that helps you get ahead professionally and financially.
Read Marcus’ book on how he buried and dug his way out of over $30,000 in debt by age 30, Debt Free Or Die Trying, on Amazon.
Looking for more career development and debt freedom tips? Join our email list at PaychecksandBalances.com/email for exclusive content including show updates, digital giveaways, and more. We don’t spam. We just keeps it real. Yes, keeps.
Get Our Money Plan
Get our FREE 15-Minute Money Plan today! You'll also receive actionable work and money tips and interesting reads that'll keep you professionally and financially woke.