Lindsay is a financial therapist and the founder of “Mind Money Balance.” As the first financial therapist in Michigan, Lindsay’s goal is to help you feel empowered in your relationship with money and guide you to financial and emotional balance. She wants everyone to not only be comfortable talking about money, but to feel confident while doing it. Lindsay is the author of The Financial Anxiety Solution, a workbook that helps you interact with your money in a safe and powerful way.
While you’re listening to this episode, check-in with yourself. How does your bank account or investment portfolio make you feel? Once you can identify how interacting with your money makes you feel, you can change your thought patterns and behaviors around it and work on achieving greater financial and emotional balance. Lindsay helps define what financial anxiety is, how to address money conversations with your partner, how to change your long-held beliefs about money and how to achieve greater balance emotionally when you look at your bank accounts.
- The career shift from traditional therapy into financial therapy
- Financial Anxiety – Being overly nervous about your money, whether you lack money or have an abundance of it
- The different ways anxiety shows up in your life and different parts of your body
- Coping with your anxiety by excess spending or saving
- Why stress and anxiety in moderation can be empowering
- Expressing gratitude for what you do have
- Money and Infidelity – The top reasons for divorce
- Tips for talking to your significant other about money
- Beliefs about money are solidified by the time we’re 8 years old
Key Takeaway: Financial anxiety affects wealthy people and people struggling to make ends meet, equally. You may need to speak to a professional, whether that’s in-person or through online resources like BetterHelp.
Find Lindsay Online
- Website: mindmoneybalance.com
- YouTube: youtube.com/lindsaybryanpodvin
- Instagram: instagram.com/mindmoneybalance
- Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/mind-money-balance/id1506776581
Get Our Newsletter!
Join our free email community to get our newsletter with actionable tips and interesting reads to help you navigate your finances and career.