We’re back with the podcast you need: Part 2 with Damon Young of Very Smart Brothas (VSB). If you haven’t already, don’t forget to listen to Part 1: PB60: “Overnight Success” ft. Damon Young of Very Smart Brothas. This episode is equally colorful but tackles more serious topics like life, health, and personal finance. Our discussions include:
- What it’s like to have new money with old problems like being the first to make it while balancing staying #woke and authentic with #TheStruggle
- How not having enough money may have caused Damon to ignore a health scare for years that could have cost him his life
- The 15-year journey to become an “overnight success” and the book deal with Ecco (HarperCollins) that’s changed his life forever
- The impact raising a child has had on Damon’s views on finances, his upbringing, money, and what he plans to teach his daughter about money in the future
- #BreakingNews – VSB gets acquired: The Root Is Gaining 2 Very Smart Brothas
- Damon Young on VSB: Money Isn’t Everything…Unless You Don’t Have It, then Yeah It’s Everything
- Damon Young on GQ
- Behind the Brilliance Podcast: Ep 117 ft Lisa Nicole Bell and Damon Young
- A New Generation Emerges: Xennials Born 1977-1983
- Would-Be Parents Underestimate and Unprepared for Potential Costs of Raising a Baby
- ICYMI – PB26: Behind the Brilliance ft. @LisaNicoleBell
- ICYMI – VSB feature: How Marcus Got $26,000 in Debt in Less than 72-Hours
Check out our PATREON page! We’re raising funds to grow the show so we can create more great content that helps you get ahead professionally and financially.
Read Marcus’ book on how he buried and dug his way out of over $30,000 in debt by age 30, Debt Free Or Die Trying, on Amazon.
Looking for more career development and debt freedom tips? Join our email list at PaychecksandBalances.com/email for exclusive content including show updates, digital giveaways, and more. We don’t spam. We just keeps it real. Yes, keeps.
Get Our Free Guide
Get our FREE 15-Minute Money Plan today! We will use this to send you emails about our products and special offers. You'll also receive actionable work and money tips and interesting reads that'll keep you professionally and financially woke.