Today on the show we welcome Cortlon Cofield, the Owner & Lead Advisor of Cofield Advisors LLC, to talk about entrepreneurship and financial independence. He is a Certified Public Accountant (CPA) and Personal Financial Specialist (PFS) who has dedicated his career to helping entrepreneurs and creatives achieve financial clarity and peace of mind. Services like Business Advisors, Financial Advisors, and Accountants are all under one roof, making Cofield Advisors a one-stop-shop for all financial services. Their mission is to save entrepreneurs time and money by providing tax planning and financial planning guidance year-round.
In this episode, you’ll hear Cortlon talk about ditching his 9-5 to start his own business, the importance of financial independence, and how you can achieve success through consistent action.
- Discovering your Why
- How Cortlon found his mentor
- “Why do we need to derive purpose from work?”
- Taxes are everyone’s #1 expense
- From 9-5 to entrepreneur
- Burning those safety bridges so there is no Plan B
- The first step to making a million dollars… is believing it’s possible
- Retirement vs Financial Independence
- Ethical advice when it comes to finances
- 5 Things I Wish I Knew Before I Started My Business
- Battling with Imposter Syndrome-Courage through Action
Key Takeaway: Your mindset is the foundation for your success with money. When you start taking pride in what you do, how you bring value to others, and all that you can achieve, wealth will be inevitable.
Follow and Support Cofield
- Website: cofieldadvisors.com
- Instagram: @cofield_advisor
- Facebook: facebook.com/cofieldadvisors
- YouTube: youtube.com/user/cortlon91
- LinkedIn: linkedin.com/in/cortlon-cofield-cpa-pfs-ba109732
This Week’s Sponsors
- The College Investor – provides a breakdown of their favorite high yield savings accounts, as well as provides a list of the best savings accounts every day, and updated daily. Make sure you check the table to get the best rates by visiting the College Investor today!
Our Favorite Tools
Available exclusively to our email subscribers, see why 15-minutes can change the next 15 years with our free 15 Minute Paychecks & Balances Money Plan: Your Guide to Financial Freedom.
Raise Your Credit Score!
- D.E.B.T. Free: A 4-Week Starter Kit – Get Paychecks & Balances, LLC. signature course today! Based on our popular book, Debt Free or Die Trying: How I Buried Myself in $30,000 in Debt and Dug My Way Out, this actionable 4-step program helps you create a debt free plan you’ll actually follow.
- SoFi – offers a full range of financial services, from personal loans to refinancing to investing. Marcus has used SoFi twice and has nothing but good things to say about their easy to use services. Use our referral link and get $100 when your loan is funded.
Break the Paycheck-to-Paycheck Cycle
- Digit – Struggling to save money? Sign-up for Digit at paybal.co/digit to automate your way to saving hundreds or more! Digit analyzes your spending and automatically saves the perfect amount every day. Read why Rich loves Digit and how much it’s already saved him.
- Tiller – The only spreadsheet templates powered by an automatic feed of your finances directly into Google Sheets and Excel. Easily budget, track expenses. Get started here!
- Freshly – Behind only housing (33%) and transportation (16%), food-related expenses (13%) is the largest expense category for the average household. Freshly delivers chef cooked, healthy, wallet-friendly meals that fit any budget. Use our referral link to take 2-weeks off from cooking with $20 off your first two orders.
Increase Your Income Streams
- Investing Made Easy with Trade Your 9 to 5 – Former guest, Tela Holcomb, shows you How to Trade Your Way to Financial Freedom and Build a Legacy of Wealth – All Without Working 40+ Hours a Week in her course bundle. Learn more here.
- Start Your Amazon Side Hustle – The result of Sandy of YesIamCheap.com nearly two decades of experience is a 5 module course that is designed to get you up and running and selling on Amazon. Modules include videos, ebooks, checklists, live video classes, templates and Periscope videos designed to help you get online and profitable, fast. I teach you how to put everything together so that you can begin earning side money from your first month in business.
- Learn more about Marcus Garrett’s Debt Free or Die Trying series.
- LIKE us on Facebook.com/PaychecksandBalances or FOLLOW us on Twitter @PayBalances and Instagram!
Get Our Free Guide
Get our FREE Paychecks & Balances 15-Minute Money Plan today! We will also send you info about our products, special offers, and money tips and reads to keep you sharp. Your guide to financial freedom is an email away.