Chris Hogan, author of Everyday Millionaires: How Ordinary People Built Extraordinary Wealth―and How You Can Too and creator of The Chris Hogan Show is on the podcast today. Chris started his career in the banking industry and now travels around the country talking to people about money, leadership, and business. He’s been a part of Dave Ramsey’s Ramsey Solutions for 14 years. Chris’ passion is educating individuals and families on how to take control of their money so they can take the necessary steps to pave the way for their dreams and leave a legacy.
Hear what Chris and his team learned from surveying 10,000 U.S Millionaires, as well as why he believes that the American Dream is still alive. Chris understands that regardless of your background, with the right education, belief, and action steps you can set yourself up to be financially secure and to potentially be an everyday millionaire.
- The transferrable skills from sports to business
- Leaving a legacy for your family, customers, and community
- Most Millionaires aren’t trust fund babies, they worked hard and stuck to a plan for years
- Top Millionaire professions: engineers, accountants and surprisingly, teachers
- The 3 Steps to your millionaire path: Belief, Knowledge, and Action
- When you get out of debt, you give yourself a raise
- The Debt Snowball Effect
- Investing is paramount, to become a millionaire
- How to invest based on your personal risk tolerance
Key Takeaway: Start looking for an investment professional to help you with your finances as soon as you’re aware that you have dreams and goals that you want to accomplish. Sit down with someone so they can look at where you’re at and layout a plan to help you get there. You can begin investing with a few hundred dollars.
Find Chris Hogan Around the Web
- Website: chrishogan360.com
- Instagram: chrishogan360
- Facebook: facebook.com/chrishogan360
- Twitter: @chrishogan360
- YouTube: ChrisHogan360
This Week’s Sponsor
Gusto – Gusto offers modern, easy payroll to benefits to small businesses across the country — they were even named best online payroll by PCMag. And as a listener, you’ll get three months free when you run your first payroll at Gusto.com/paychecks.
Mentioned on This Week’s Show
- Retire Inspired by Chris Hogan
- The Debt Snowball vs The Debt Avalanche: Which Will Save You More Money?
Our Favorite Tools This Week
Available exclusively to our email subscribers, see why 15-minutes can change the next 15 years with our free 15 Minute Paychecks & Balances Money Plan: Your Guide to Financial Freedom.
- D.E.B.T. Free: A 4-Week Starter Kit – Get Paychecks & Balances, LLC. signature course today! Based on our popular book, Debt Free or Die Trying: How I Buried Myself in $30,000 in Debt and Dug My Way Out, this actionable 4-step program helps you create a debt free plan you’ll actually follow.
- SoFi – offers a full range of financial services, from personal loans to refinancing to investing. Marcus has used SoFi twice and has nothing but good things to say about their easy to use services. Use our referral link and get $100 when your loan is funded.
Break the Paycheck-to-Paycheck Cycle
- Digit – Struggling to save money? Sign-up for Digit at paybal.co/digit to automate your way to saving hundreds or more! Digit analyzes your spending and automatically saves the perfect amount every day. Read why Rich loves Digit and how much it’s already saved him.
- Tiller – The only spreadsheet templates powered by an automatic feed of your finances directly into Google Sheets and Excel. Easily budget, track expenses. Get started here!
- Freshly – Behind only housing (33%) and transportation (16%), food-related expenses (13%) is the largest expense category for the average household. Freshly delivers chef cooked, healthy, wallet-friendly meals that fit any budget. Use our referral link to take 2-weeks off from cooking with $20 off your first two orders.
Side Hustles and Passive Income Streams
- How to Start a Blog – Michelle Schroeder-Gardner is the self-made millionaire behind MakingSenseOfCents.com who credits finding her purpose and sharing her story through blog writing for her personal and financial success. With her easy-to-follow course, you can be up and running a blog in less than a day!
- Making Sense of Affiliate Marketing – Over 50-percent of Michelle’s How I Made Over $1,500,000 In 2018 revenue comes directly from successful affiliate marketing.
- Making Sense of Sponsored Posts – You can also quickly learn how she made her first blogging income, and how she now makes $10,000 – $20,000 a month with sponsored partnerships.
- The Young Money Podcast with Dasarte Yarnway: EP 45: Hacking Income with Marcus Garrett of Paychecks & Balances – On this episode, Marcus Garrett (@TheMarcusGarrett) of the award winning Paychecks & Balances (@PayBalances) joins Dasarte — a fellow 2019 Nerd Wallet Financial Gurus Alum — to discuss ways that millennials can hack their income and shift their money mindset.
- Want personal finance, work and money presentations tailored to your next seminar or conference? Request us here!
- Learn more about Marcus’ continually updated Debt Free or Die Trying series.
- LIKE us on Facebook.com/PaychecksandBalances or FOLLOW us on Twitter @PayBalances and Instagram!
Get Our Newsletter!
Join our free email community to get our newsletter with actionable tips and interesting reads to help you navigate your finances and career.