Today on the show we welcome Brad Barrett and Jonathan Mendonsa, the founders of ChooseFI. Drawn together by their desire to help everyday people achieve financial independence, they developed a business that offers financial information to make people’s lives less stressful and more financially secure. Brad and Jonathan offer advice, articles, and resources to help their audience become more financially literate and tackle their own money battles with courage.
In this episode, you’ll hear the story behind the ChooseFI Podcast, why saving is the root to all success, and how to transform your money mindset
- Jonathan’s battle with debt
- How do you get “financially literate”?
- Time is the ultimate luxury
- Defining financial independence for yourself
- Savings drive everything
- What does my life actually cost? Should I earn more? Should I spend less?
- Breaking down the Roth Ladder Conversion
- Playing the long game to become a millionaire
- The importance of having a vision and plan
- Small sacrifices can add up to big wins over time
- Freedom requires sacrifice
- Stop thinking about why you shouldn’t and start thinking about why you should
Key Takeaway: Once you define to yourself what you want and adopt a mindset to support that lifestyle, you will be on your way to financial independence.
- Website: choosefi.com
- Facebook: facebook.com/ChooseFi/
- YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/choosefi
- Twitter: twitter.com/ChooseFi
- Podcast: choosefi.com/podcast-episodes
This Week’s Sponsors
- Get the best rates for high yield savings accounts, updated daily, by visiting the College Investor today!
- Away started with the perfect suitcase, crafted with features that make travel more seamless. Now they offer a range of essentials that solve real travel problems, so all you have to think about is where you’re getting Away to next. For $20 off a suitcase, visit awaytravel.com/PAYCHECKS and use promo code PAYCHECKS during checkout!
Our Favorite Tools
Available exclusively to our email subscribers, see why 15-minutes can change the next 15 years with our free 15 Minute Paychecks & Balances Money Plan: Your Guide to Financial Freedom.
Raise Your Credit Score!
- D.E.B.T. Free: A 4-Week Starter Kit – Get Paychecks & Balances, LLC. signature course today! Based on our popular book, Debt Free or Die Trying: How I Buried Myself in $30,000 in Debt and Dug My Way Out, this actionable 4-step program helps you create a debt free plan you’ll actually follow.
- SoFi – offers a full range of financial services, from personal loans to refinancing to investing. Marcus has used SoFi twice and has nothing but good things to say about their easy to use services. Use our referral link and get $100 when your loan is funded.
Break the Paycheck-to-Paycheck Cycle
- Digit – Struggling to save money? Sign-up for Digit at paybal.co/digit to automate your way to saving hundreds or more! Digit analyzes your spending and automatically saves the perfect amount every day. Read why Rich loves Digit and how much it’s already saved him.
- Tiller – The only spreadsheet templates powered by an automatic feed of your finances directly into Google Sheets and Excel. Easily budget, track expenses. Get started here!
- Freshly – Behind only housing (33%) and transportation (16%), food-related expenses (13%) is the largest expense category for the average household. Freshly delivers chef cooked, healthy, wallet-friendly meals that fit any budget. Use our referral link to take 2-weeks off from cooking with $20 off your first two orders.
Increase Your Income Streams
- Trade Your 9 to 5 with Investing Made Easy – Tela Holcomb, shows you How to Trade Your Way to Financial Freedom and Build a Legacy of Wealth – All Without Working 40+ Hours a Week in her course bundle. Learn how she does it here.
- Start Your Amazon Side Hustle – The result of Sandy of YesIamCheap.com nearly two decades of experience is a 5 module course that is designed to get you up and running and selling on Amazon. Modules include videos, ebooks, checklists, live video classes, templates and Periscope videos designed to help you get online and profitable, fast. I teach you how to put everything together so that you can begin earning side money from your first month in business.
- Learn more about Marcus Garrett’s Debt Free or Die Trying series.
- LIKE us on Facebook.com/PaychecksandBalances or FOLLOW us on Twitter @PayBalances and Instagram!
Get Our Free Guide
Get our FREE 15-Minute Money Plan today! We will use this to send you emails about our products and special offers. You'll also receive actionable work and money tips and interesting reads that'll keep you professionally and financially woke.